Lable Maker

[qanda]This thread is about the Memorex DVD+RW/+R. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Can any one tell me about the new Droppix Lable maker and what the differences are between the Memorex lable maker and the new dropix lable maker

It isn’t suggested to use paper labels on DVD’s.

[QUOTE=Dogg;2207691]It isn’t suggested to use paper labels on DVD’s.[/QUOTE]

One big reason you shouldn’t is when the label peel off it takes off the protective reflective cover rendering your cd/dvd a waste and coaster…so unless your using flash write or light scribe. Labels are a waste of your money and time…just use a sharpie to write and label the cd/dvd media instead otherwise go lightscribe or flash write…

The problem, at least for me, wasn’t removing the labels. The problem was that most of the DVD’s that I labeled with paper labels wouldn’t play or would have issues such as skipping. After removing the labels, the discs were all still usable and played fine.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2207749]One big reason you shouldn’t is when the label peel off it takes off the protective reflective cover rendering your cd/dvd a waste and coaster…so unless your using flash write or light scribe. Labels are a waste of your money and time…just use a sharpie to write and label the cd/dvd media instead otherwise go lightscribe or flash write…[/QUOTE]

As far as I understand, reflective layer is only part of the top on CD, on DVD it is under the other plastic disk as DVD is made of two disks stuck together.
Just brake one and you will see.

[QUOTE=CDuncle;2208447]As far as I understand, reflective layer is only part of the top on CD, on DVD it is under the other plastic disk as DVD is made of two disks stuck together.
Just brake one and you will see.[/QUOTE]

huh??? My comment is referring to the reflective top layer regardless if it is cd or dvd. Peel it off and your cd or dvd is render useless regardless how many layers it has. It has to have something to reflective off to burn to the media. Also I read the Verbatim has finally come out with DVD+R DL lightscribe media although a little on expensive side someone has finally taken time to make it.