LabelTag no iHas 124A?

vbimport

Hi.
Is it possible to enable the LabelTag iHas124A?
I’ve tried to cross the iHas524A, but without success. :sad:
Reading the forum I saw that it is possible to model “B”.

Sorry for the english, I used Google Translator.

Yes it is possible if you crossflash your drive to an iHAS524 A model.

I suggest you do some reading on the forum to understand exactly what tools you need and how to perform the crossflash. This has been explained many times before. Also before attempting anything, make sure that you backup both your current EEPROM and the current firmware.

Thanks, cvs.

I read a lot on the forum and follow the instructions to make the Flash. I had already backup.
[B]To flash:
1/ Backup you firmware and eeprom.
2/ Use the latest Flash Utility and load the B series firmware (EXE file on my site) when prompted, to flash the
drive to the new firmware.
3/ Use the latest Eeprom Utility convert drive feature to enable the firmware in the drive.
4/ Depower the drive/system and restart.[/B]

I used the file [B]BL2J[/B] [I]iHAS524 A[/I] model I downloaded in http://codeguys.rpc1.org/firmwares.html.

After yet tried the file [B]ATAPI.iHAS524_A.BLC2 B.patched-eoht[/B] the link http://club.myce.com/f44/new-liteon-plds-patched-firmware-thread-267641/.

And to test I installed the plug-in I downloaded Nero in http://us.liteonit.com/us/product/labeltag.
And also using [B]Smart Pack 1.21.0[/B].
But it did not work.

What am I doing wrong? :confused:

Thank you.

Sorry for the english, I used Google Translator. :flower:

Just to make sure I understand correctly: you managed to crossflash your drive successfully, and your drive is now reporting as iHAS524 A, but the LabelTag feature still doesn’t work?

That made me think back a few years and I seem to remember that the iHAS124/324 A drives used the MT1879E chipset, while the iHAS224/424/524/624 A used the MT1879LE chipset. If you crossflashed successfully and LabelTag is still not active, the only thing I can think of which could explain this, is that the LabelTag feature might rely on some feature present exclusively in the LE chipset and which is not present in the E version of the chipset, but as far as I remember the extra features of the LE chipset were linked to LightScribe not to LabelTag …

[QUOTE=cvs;2675194]… but as far as I remember the extra features of the LE chipset were linked to LightScribe not to LabelTag …[/QUOTE]

The extra features of the LE chipset were linked to LightScribe and LabelTag.

[QUOTE=cvs;2675194]Just to make sure I understand correctly: you managed to crossflash your drive successfully, and your drive is now reporting as iHAS524 A, but the LabelTag feature still doesn’t work?
[/QUOTE]

Yes! :sad:

Before…

Now

Flashed with [B]ATAPI.iHAS524_A.BLC2-B.stock[/B] link

But nothing! :sad:

Are you using a DVD+R/-R instead of CD-R? Did you read up on how LabelTag is supposed to work? From your last picture, either you don’t have a disc in there or the disc is finalized, so you can’t use LabelTag.

[QUOTE=alexheloybr;2675352]Yes! :sad:

Before…
Now

But nothing! :sad:

Thanks ;)[/QUOTE]

The Edit button of SmartPack will not be greyed out even no Disc or an unsuitable Disc in the Drive.
Your Drive should have a ‘E’ chipset and you will never enable LabelTag feature.

[QUOTE=KTL;2675363]Are you using a DVD+R/-R instead of CD-R? [/QUOTE]
No. Really was using CD-R, because what I did for this review is that it also works with CD-R.

[QUOTE=KTL;2675363]
Did you read up on how LabelTag is supposed to work? From your last picture, either you don’t have a disc in there or the disc is finalized, so you can’t use LabelTag.[/QUOTE]
Yes. And now tried with DVD-R, but neither worked. :a

[QUOTE=2601;2675390]The Edit button of SmartPack will not be greyed out even no Disc or an unsuitable Disc in the Drive.
Your Drive should have a ‘E’ chipset and you will never enable LabelTag feature.[/QUOTE]
To my despair that must be it. :sad:

I really wanted to thank you both for helping me, even with my bad English. :bow:

Muito Obrigado.
Thank you :flower:

Hi friends.

I found something that preferred share, the same drive being old.
My father has the same drive as me, [B]iHas 124 A[/B], it was I who bought him months after mine. Even though I like my try to convert it [B]iHas 524 A [/B]was nothing to do haha. But when I just do the flash to see what happened …

So I did a test on a CD-R …

Intrigued I decided to open both, for a work and the other not, and 2 are iHAs 124 A.

The difference is that my father is Ihas 124-04 A

And mine is Ihas 124-06 A

What my dad uses Chipset [B]MT1879LE[/B]

And my uses Chipset [B]MT1879E[/B]

Until now appears the Nero option LabelTag.

Both are Ihas 124 A, but with different chipset :eek:.

As my father uses little recorder I swapped with him :bigsmile:.

Thx

The MT1879E WAS the original chipset for ‘A,’ which didn’t support LightScribe or LabelTag, but it seems like it was cut over to the MT1879LE some time after. Perhaps once MT1879E was depleted, the L took over.

It does look like they used the E chipset in the earlier drives, and then at some point they have switched to the LE chipset. Lucky you! :slight_smile: The big question I guess is if that was just a partial switch or a complete switch …

Switching all iHASx24 A drives to the new LE chipset would make sense manufacturing wise … why manufacture two different versions in parallel (one for 124/324 drives and another for the rest of the family) when you can just manufacture one, use the same hardware across the entire family and add/remove features via firmware…

Your E chipset drive was manufactured Oct 2009 while the LE based drive was manufactured Nov 2009. Maybe that was the point when they switched production to the LE chipset … would be interesting to see if all Nov 2009 and later iHAS124/324 A drives are based on the LE chipset… or if perhaps some of them were still based on the E chipset …

Many thanks for the useful information! :flower:

My 324 A was built in 4/09 with the E chipset and 424 A was built in 5/09 with the LE chipset.