LabelFlash or LightScribe?

Dear Members of CDFreaks,

I Have Question, is there any difference between LabelFlash and LightScribe,

and which one is better, and would you use ???

I really would like to know that ???

" and can you use LabelFlash with (LightScribe DVD+R /CD-R CD’S and vice versa… "

Tnx in advance for any Info or Comment,

[i]yours,

AiR UP THERE[/i] :smiley:

Hi! Chek out this one: http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=189921

TNX, for the Quick Reply FidelC, I read the whole iNFO you gave me,

I think, I’ll take the LabelFlash the NEC AD-7173A (Bulk, Silver, Labelflash)

But I’m not certain, cause there are many DVD’s and CD’s types made for LightScribe, and very very less 4 " LabelFlash " !! so is LightScribe that good in compaired with LabelFlash, damn it’s too hard to choose from ?

uhhhhhhhhhhhh… ok if thats what you want but… doesnt labelflash only print onto the disk side with the data? Id rather take the lightscribe, but then again, i already do and rarely use it… but thats mainly because the disks are expensive and fade after 9 months… which is why i got a printer that allows printing directly onto disks… itll be worth it in the long run :wink:

TNX, haeacigar, can you give me a link for some Information about Printing directly onto disks, I really would appreciate it,

Tnx

Hi,

there are some Epson and Canon Inkjet printers that are capable of printing to discs. You would need discs that have “Inkjet Printable” surface. These are much cheaper that Lightscribe media.

Michael

Have a look at some of the threads in the CD & DVD Printing and Labelling Forum

:wink:

Dear Arachne & mciahel,

tnx for the quick response again, Thanks 4 the needed Info,

One more question, If y’all had to choose,

Would it be " LabelFlash or LightScribe "

by Quality offcourse, tnx in advance,

I have both Labelflash and Lightscribe drives (NEC ND-4551A and Samsung SH-S162L respectively) and I’m yet to try either one for those purposes. So I can’t comment on quality.

But based on media availability, I’d say Lightscribe. :slight_smile:

this is what the disk will turn out like if it is lightscribe

if it is labelflash it will be like this (data side, so it will have a blank side on the non data side)

if it is printed, it can look like this ( but with better contrasting… i had to use flash as its dark here)…

Have a scanned image of a lightscribe disc that I just pulled out. If I get a digital camera soon, i’ll give u a better picture.

Finding Labelflash discs(especially in the US) is a real pain in the ass…So based on availability I would go with Lightscribe, unless of course you have access to Labelflash media.

So, if I understood this new technique, then Labelflash writes on data side. (dataside, not the side where u write with cd marker)

If this is right , what is the chance of the data being damaged because of this new technique??

Question on lightscribe:

If u gonna use the same laser for burning text or pictures on cd/dvd, will it not decrease the service life of the dvd burner?

Hi and Welcome![quote=torfreak;2211279]So, if I understood this new technique, then Labelflash writes on data side. (dataside, not the side where u write with cd marker)[/quote]No. Please have a look at http://labelflash.jp/
There is a related feature - Disc Tattoo - which allows to put some graphics onto the [I]unused space[/I] of the data side.

Michael

Dear Mciahel,

Thanks for replying. I visited the website and read it all over and over again. Finally I understand this new technique of labelflash.

On this website it got very clear to me
http://labelflash.jp/what/how.html

So, this means that the lightscribe and labelflash technique are almost the same. Only difference is the material of the cd/dvd.

Am I right now? :iagree:

[quote=torfreak;2211563]So, this means that the lightscribe and labelflash technique are almost the same. Only difference is the material of the cd/dvd.[/quote] Yes, they are similar technologies, but you need LightScribe media to burn a label in a LightScribe drive and you need Labelflash media to burn a label in a Labelflash drive - you cannot LightScribe on Labelflash media or vice versa.

You can burn the data side of LightScribe and Labelflash media in any drive, however.

There is far more LightScribe media available, both CD-R, DVD-R and DVD+R, than there is Labelflash media available (only DVD-R and DVD+R from a couple of companies).

Labelflash drives have the added ability to “DiscT@2” the unused space on DVD+/-R media (needs at least 900 MB unused space).

Congrats on your first posts at CDFreaks! :slight_smile:

Dear DrageMester,

Thanks for replying, but I must say you confusing me now…:doh:

I don’t understand the parts in red color, please explain

torfreak

[quote=DrageMester;2211569]Yes, they are similar technologies, but you need LightScribe media to burn a label in a LightScribe drive and you need Labelflash media to burn a label in a Labelflash drive - you cannot LightScribe on Labelflash media or vice versa.

[I]You can burn the data side of LightScribe and Labelflash media in any drive, however.[/I]

There is far more LightScribe media available, both CD-R, DVD-R and DVD+R, than there is Labelflash media available (only DVD-R and DVD+R from a couple of companies).

Labelflash drives have the added ability to “DiscT@2” the unused space on DVD+/-R media (needs at least 900 MB unused space).

Congrats on your first posts at CDFreaks! :)[/quote]

All discs have two sides.

On one side (the bottom side or data side) the laser can write and read data.

On the other side (the top side or label side) you can make a label of some sort with e.g. a pen, a printer or a LightScribe or Labelflash drive - depending on what kind of disc you have.

The data/bottom side can be burned in any DVD burner (for DVDs) or any DVD/CD burner (for CDs).

The label/top side can only be labeled with the right equipment, i.e. a Labelflash burner for Labelflash media, a LightScribe burner for LightScribe media, an inkjet printer for inkjet printable media, and so on…

DiscT@2 is a feature of Labelflash drives that allows you to burn a label on the data/bottom side of DVDs, provided that there is enough unused space on the data side (at least 900MB ~ 5 mm). This label will not be as clear as a Labelflash or LightScribe label, it will have much less contrast, but it can be burned on any DVD+R or DVD-R if you haven’t used too much space for data.

Thanks for replying my friend…

but what is the advantage of burning a label on data side, and why someone wanna do that??

[quote=torfreak;2211724]but what is the advantage of burning a label on data side, and why someone wanna do that??[/quote] Because it’s possible and because it looks cool? :smiley: