Label Flash & DVD-RAM on Crossflashed iHAS124B (to 524B)?

vbimport

ok i did check my drives info/abilities before i crossflashed, is teh drive Really supporting LabelFlash & DVD-RAM? or is it because its the basemodel for the other featured iHAS drives? FYI i did get it as part of I/O Magic’s 24X USB Burner (http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0350225) the picture Shows the Lightscribe Logo but mine does instead DVDInfo Pro shows it instead supports LabelFlash (and this does work w/ LabelTag, i’ve been able to burn a DVD w/ a tag and a CD-R w/ a tag)

[QUOTE=CaelThunderwing;2616662]ok i did check my drives info/abilities before i crossflashed, is teh drive Really supporting LabelFlash & DVD-RAM? or is it because its the basemodel for the other featured iHAS drives? FYI i did get it as part of I/O Magic’s 24X USB Burner (http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0350225) the picture Shows the Lightscribe Logo but mine does instead DVDInfo Pro shows it instead supports LabelFlash (and this does work w/ LabelTag, i’ve been able to burn a DVD w/ a tag and a CD-R w/ a tag)[/QUOTE]

All iHAS drives support DVD-RAM, so this is OK.

If the drive is an iHAS124 it cannot be LightScribe capable, so the site must be using the wrong picture. Only iHAS 224/424 and 624 drives have the necessary LightScribe indexing hardware. The other ones don’t, and without this extra hardware there’s no way to achieve this feature by firmware alone. What does your own box say? Does it mention either LabelFlash/LabelTag or LightScribe? Is any of the two logos present on the drive’s bezel?

My guess is that DVDInfoPro must be reporting LabelFlash support incorrectly for your iHAS 124 B … the alternative would be that somehow IOMagic used a specially enabled LabelFlash firmware for the 124, but since the firmware you had seems to be a standard LiteOn one (AL0R) this would be very unlikely …

If I remember correctly Labelflash is an almost proprietary tecnology of drives using NEC chipsets.

iHAS 124B uses Mediatek chipset suporting LabelTag that allows to print images into recordable area but consumes ( reduces ) available storage space.

To use Labeltag with your drive it must be crossflashed to iHAS524B or iHAS624B because of labeltag support in firmware .