L633a__ as00

vbimport

TSSTcorp_CDDVDW_TS-L633A________________AS00____

Can u crossflash
L633A As00 to a samsung new firmware Like TS-L633A Firmware v.SC02.

Forget it
I did it it works

Asus OEM to Samsung firmware
no check option worked

Thanks for that information :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=MrBeer;2177396]Forget it
I did it it works

Asus OEM to Samsung firmware
no check option worked[/QUOTE]

From where did you get this firmware upgrade. Please post I also have same drive on my compaq laptop. Also does this support lightscribe?

Thanks

Hi and Welcome![quote=zrusky;2181376]From where did you get this firmware upgrade.[/quote]Please have a look into the FAQ (see my signature) for firmware sources.

Please post I also have same drive on my compaq laptop.
You will void any warranty if you crossflash your drive.
Also does this support lightscribe?
Lightscribe requires additional hardware. You can’t enable Lightscribe by just flashing a firmware from a LS drive.
Also, LS drives do have a different drive name.

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2181391]Hi and Welcome!Please have a look into the FAQ (see my signature) for firmware sources. You will void any warranty if you crossflash your drive. Lightscribe requires additional hardware. You can’t enable Lightscribe by just flashing a firmware from a LS drive.
Also, LS drives do have a different drive name.

Michael[/QUOTE]

I tried the Samsung tool and it gave the following info:

Model: TS-633A
Firmware: HH04
OEM Code: HM

The Liveupdate tool says upgrade not supported.

How do I find the Samsung Model equal to the TS model which is masked by HP/Compaq, so that I can take the firware for crossflashing.

Hi,[quote=zrusky;2181953]The Liveupdate tool says upgrade not supported.[/quote]that’s normal.

How do I find the Samsung Model equal to the TS model (…)
It must be the same model (like TS-L633A). TS-L633A might have a retail sibling, this should be the SN-S083A then (just guessing).

And please note again:
Flashing a “foreign” OEM firmware will void any warranty at least for your drive, if not for the entire laptop.
You’re then lost if anything goes wrong with the firmware flash.

Michael

http://club.cdfreaks.com/1803671-post.html

Can I crossflash my drive to another firmware?

A: There is a command line switch, that has to be used in order to circumvent the hardware check performed by the flash utility. For the people who know what they are doing:
run sfdnwin -NOCHECK from the command line.
Newer versions of sfndwin are CASE SENSITIVE, so the -NOCHECK switch does work, -nocheck does not.
This also applies to Samsung’s new flash utility TSDNWIN, which is delivered with most newer Samsung firmwares

It is at your risk i did mine My was Asus M70
AS code
now i got the sc005

Also wantany will be void

but it do work

Hi,

I bought an Asus Laptop which was sent with TS-L633A AS00 drive. I’ve flashed it to TS-L633A SC05 firmware (using tsdnwin nocheck) without problem. The drive was very “smooth” while reading, but actually not reached it’s specified speed (something like 4x max extracting dvd), so I flashed my drive with SN-S083A SB01 firmware. Now the drive is not “smooth” at all, but it’s much faster when extracting dvds…

So you’ve got the choice if you own a TS-L633A or a SN-S083A : smooth reading with TS-L633A SB05 firmware, or speedy reading (relatively…) with SN-S083A SB01 firmware !

With all these 3 firmware, writing was ok, but I don’t have tested it “deeply”, so I don’t know which one is the best for burning.

[QUOTE=Lithium466;2183090]Hi,

I bought an Asus Laptop which was sent with TS-L633A AS00 drive. I’ve flashed it to TS-L633A SC05 firmware (using tsdnwin nocheck) without problem. The drive was very “smooth” while reading, but actually not reached it’s specified speed (something like 4x max extracting dvd), so I flashed my drive with SN-S083A SB01 firmware. Now the drive is not “smooth” at all, but it’s much faster when extracting dvds…

So you’ve got the choice if you own a TS-L633A or a SN-S083A : smooth reading with TS-L633A SB05 firmware, or speedy reading (relatively…) with SN-S083A SB01 firmware !

With all these 3 firmware, writing was ok, but I don’t have tested it “deeply”, so I don’t know which one is the best for burning.[/QUOTE]

Can you tell me where to get TS-L633A SC05 please

Samsung ODD Korea.

[QUOTE=zrusky;2189849]Can you tell me where to get TS-L633A SC05 please[/QUOTE]

Get SN-S083A SB01 firmware, the drive works better with it :wink:

I have TS-L633A with D200 firmware I assume this is Dell firmware yeah ?

/I hate navigating dell site looking for firmware is there a newer I searched dell for 20 minutes no site maybe it’s the way I search dell site :lol

Anyone know if there is some updated firmware for this there or if any of the 633a firmware with no check from korea will go into this drive

barcode Model TS-L633A/DEAH

H/W:B Ver .A

Thanks

TSSH SN-S083A SB01 firmware, or TS-L633A SC05.

Bur it works much better (faster) with SN-S083A firmware :wink:

Hi,[QUOTE=dontasciime;2281914]I have TS-L633A with D200 firmware I assume this is Dell firmware yeah ?[/quote]likely. Is that drive installed in a Dell computer?

/I hate navigating dell site looking for firmware is there a newer I searched dell for 20 minutes no site maybe it’s the way I search dell site :lol
Normally, you should need not more than 3 minutes. support.dell.com --> then use the search in the upper right corner.
Or, if you have a Dell computer, then enter your service tag in the downloads section.

Anyone know if there is some updated firmware for this there
I am too lazy to check Dell website for you :stuck_out_tongue:
or if any of the 633a firmware with no check from korea will go into this drive
Normally it should, but this is not confirmed. Guinea pigs are always welcome :smiley:

Michael

The drive is not in any laptop Im using it via extrenal power sata/usb LOL

I might flash after I have tested it in ImgBurn a bit more , dell site was extremely slow and uses javacrap.

I pressumed its was dell firmware as I know they usually use firmware in DXXX format.

it has 633b writen on it as well

Hi,[QUOTE=dontasciime;2281982]The drive is not in any laptop Im using it via extrenal power sata/usb LOL[/QUOTE]Okay. So there is no service tag.

I pressumed its was dell firmware as I know they usually use firmware in DXXX format.
It is very likely that this unit was formerly part of a Dell computer :wink:

it has 633b writen on it as well
Ignore that. Trying a 633B firmware (if such exists) might kill the drive.

Michael

I had no intention of trying B firmware was merely mentioning it :slight_smile:

drive was brand new from scan

SN-S083A is probably what I will end up with If that is possible

That should work :slight_smile:

There was a TS-L633A in my Asus notebook, with Asu firmware ( :confused: ). Flashed with TS-L633A SC005 first (not much improvement), then with SN-S083A SB01, now I can extract dvd @8x (~2x before), and burned dvd are much better !