L-EC or CIRC unrecovered read error

Here is my problem, I have a discrobotics cd dvd duplicator, it can burn up to 5 CD-DVDs at once. The problem is that when I try burning 5 dvds (not cds) at once I recieve the following error
(CDB: 28000000000000000a00, status:040002, Sense:031105) L-EC CIRC Unrecovered read error
All 5 pioneer 108 drives are connected via firewire bridgeboads then connected to a firewire card.
I have replaced every single component of the device and I still get these read errors. It will only happen if all 4-5 drives are trying to burn the video. All the drives are burning the same CDI image. And the videos are not copyprotected because i have made the videos my self. the software that i use is padus discjuggler, anyone have any idea why this is happening. I have also used various different types of media with the same problem.
Let me know if you would like more information.

I just ran across your post. Did you resolve your problem with DRI duplicator ?

[QUOTE=jjjohnson;1604717]Here is my problem, I have a discrobotics cd dvd duplicator, it can burn up to 5 CD-DVDs at once. The problem is that when I try burning 5 dvds (not cds) at once I recieve the following error
(CDB: 28000000000000000a00, status:040002, Sense:031105) L-EC CIRC Unrecovered read error
All 5 pioneer 108 drives are connected via firewire bridgeboads then connected to a firewire card.
I have replaced every single component of the device and I still get these read errors. It will only happen if all 4-5 drives are trying to burn the video. [B]All the drives are burning the same CDI image.[/B] And the videos are not copyprotected because i have made the videos my self. the software that i use is padus discjuggler, anyone have any idea why this is happening. I have also used various different types of media with the same problem.
Let me know if you would like more information.[/QUOTE]

CD-I is no normal Cd image format!

@jjjohnson: I’m currently researching the same problem. It is probably not related to the firewire interface cause I’m having the same problem with SATA drives (also in a duplicator robot). Also the drives themselves are probably not the problem cause I’m using Optiarc drives.
My problems started after adding memory to the PC controlling the robot, so I’m suspecting bad memory or memory incompatibility with the motherbaord or something similar. Maybe your problem could also be related to faulty memory…

PS. @Chef: .cdi is the default extension of a DiscJuggler image filename. It is an abbreviation of CD-image and is not related to the CD-I standard specifications.

Oops: Just noticed that this thread was last updated on 29-01-2008, not 29-01-2009. Sorry for bumping an old thread. My bad…