KTL's Database: Chipset, Features, and Clones for Lite-On DVD-RW Drives

I’ve been updating my list (including the E & LE variations), which has expanded a bit. I’ll give deanwitty a shout and perhaps he can update it and edit the first post.

I have also seen an iHAS120-04 XU with manufactured date October 2012.

[QUOTE=KTL;2685398]I’ve been updating my list (including the E & LE variations), which has expanded a bit[/QUOTE]

KTL, is it possible to see your full and updated table somewhere in Internet? :rolleyes:

Yes, sorry. I’ve talked with a moderator, hopefully, the list will be updated soon.

[QUOTE=KTL;2688269]Yes, sorry. I’ve talked with a moderator, hopefully, the list will be updated soon.[/QUOTE]

First post hopefully updated as necessary.

Wow, good job, trying to find my drive (and hopefully crossflash) now…

Hmm, can’t edit my previous post…

Anyhow, doesn’t mean to spam but seems like there’s no new info on iHAS124 W since March. Does it classify as a LiteOn or Nec/Optiarc?
Any possibilities of crossflashing that model?

Thanks

There’s nothing to crossflash to. It was never released as an Optiarc model, to the best of my knowledge, nor was it released with any more features than a basic iHAS124.

[QUOTE=Albert;2689785]There’s nothing to crossflash to. It was never released as an Optiarc model, to the best of my knowledge, nor was it released with any more features than a basic iHAS124.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for reply Albert. So it’s a dead end? I bought a 124 hoping for an upgrade -,- No possibility of some modded firmware or using firmware from drives with the same hardware/chipset (if there are any? had a hard time finding out)?

Optiarc decided to leave the optical drive business earlier this year, but they may have continued development on the Renesas/NEC chipset before shutting it down completely. Thus, there are drives designated as the 124 W and 120 X out in the market with this last chipset. The only modded firmwares would be bitsetting and/or region free, when available.

Thanks KTL. Looks like it’s going back to the seller then. Not even mentioning that on default setts it’s spinning so loud I have to put the volume up to listen to music xD

Quality, just quality…

[QUOTE=KTL;2689974]The only modded firmwares would be bitsetting and/or region free, when available.[/QUOTE]
I think these drives even support LiteOn Bitsetting commands for all disc types. So the only required patch is region free and Riplock removal if applicable.

Some more corrections (?):

• iHAS124/224/324/424/524/624 B buffer size is 1.5MB, not 2MB.

• Plextor PX-870A [B]has[/B] lightscribe feature and [U]probably[/U] its chipset is MT1868[B]L[/B]B, so probably it’s rebadged iHAP222/422 9 and not iHAP122/322 9. I have not access to PX-870A at the moment, so I can’t open it and look which chipset it exactly uses.

• I’ve seen a drive ASUS DRW-22B2S b - which LiteOn’s clone is it? I had no chance to open the drive and check the board but I’ve dumped its flash and eeprom just in case (here is the link for them).

PS: Also I can’t found any information about PX-870[B]S[/B]A and PX-L871[B]S[/B]A - are they exist? :confused:

The B chipset, MT1839LN, has always been 2-MB. IIRC, Infotool had reported its size incorrectly. If it were 1.5-MB, then the Flash Utility wouldn’t work properly.

Yes, it does seem like the PX-870A is based on the iHAS222/422 9 since it has LightScribe. This was before Plextor started to add the ‘L’ nomenclature in is model name to indicate it.

The 870SA and L871SA may exist somewhere since those models appear to be legitimate, though not found on Plextor’s site.

As for the 22B2S b, it sounds like a 22x PATA drive with the B chipset. It’s likely another variation using up old MTK chips.

No, I’m talking not about flash size, I’m about buffer size. ImgBurn and other software displays bufer size as 1536 kbytes on iHASx24 B and its clones. Flash size of B series LiteOns is 2 MB, it’s correct.

22B2S b - so it’s unclear which LiteOn’s clone is it? :slight_smile:

Gotcha, I think the next update will indicate Flash size instead of buffer.

I’ve yet to hear of that Asus drive.

What chipset does the iHAS122 C use?

My guess it’s the same as the iHASx24 C, but just detuned since it can’t meet the 24x burn speed.

iHAS122 C uses MT1809LN chipset. Yesterday I’ve made some quick low-quality :sad: photos of that drive’s board (made with my Nokia C5-00 camera). There is an inscription on the drive’s board: H/H DVDRW BS REV:01

I’m unsure if is this board different than the one iHAS124 C uses, i haven’t compared them.

thanks for this useful info, helped me out, keep it up.