KTL's Database: Chipset, Features, and Clones for Lite-On DVD-RW Drives

Our member KTL has been kind enough to share with us his work for the past few years in keeping a database of drive models, features, chipsets, and clones.

I am grateful for this resource, and will undoubtedly reference it often :slight_smile:

Thank you, KTL :flower:

deanwitty, thanks for taking the time out to post this in addition to your mod duties. :slight_smile:

Thanks to those members who’ve always bought new drives as they came out and reported the chipsets while doing and posting the burn and scan results. :clap: Without you, there would be lots of blanks in the chipset and clone cells. :iagree:

[QUOTE=KTL;2669218]deanwitty, thanks for taking the time out to post this in addition to your mod duties. :slight_smile:

Thanks to those members who’ve always bought new drives as they came out and reported the chipsets while doing and posting the burn and scan results. :clap: Without you, there would be lots of blanks in the chipset and clone cells. :iagree:[/QUOTE]

A huge thanks to both of you, but especially to KTL for assembling this. This is a great reference that will come in handy to all of us! :bow:

Thanks KTL. The list missed a ‘W’ series PATA Drives(iHAP122 W & 322 W) which have same chipset and different PCB with ‘9’ series. Also Plextor PX-L871A is a clone of ‘W’ series Drive which has LightScribe feature.

Thanks 2601, you’ve been very helpful. :slight_smile: I’m surprised I didn’t miss more… :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=2601;2669404]Thanks KTL. The list missed a ‘W’ series PATA Drives(iHAP122 W & 322 W) which have same chipset and different PCB with ‘9’ series. Also Plextor PX-L871A is a clone of ‘W’ series Drive which has LightScribe feature.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, 2601.

If Plextor released an iHAP422 W clone, do you know if there was also a Lite-on iHAP422 W? The 122/322 W used MT1868B and the Plex used MT1868LB?

[QUOTE=deanwitty;2669537]Thanks, 2601.

If Plextor released an iHAP422 W clone, do you know if there was also a Lite-on iHAP422 W? The 122/322 W used MT1868B and the Plex used MT1868LB?[/QUOTE]

Both 122 W/322 W/L871A use MT1868LB chipset and I don’t find the 422 W Drive till now.

[QUOTE=2601;2669540]Both 122 W/322 W/L871A use MT1868LB chipset and I don’t find the 422 W Drive till now.[/QUOTE]

Oh, THOSE drives! I took a closer look, and the resolution on my original graphs was too low and they just couldn’t be seen clearly :doh:.

All my fault :o

thanks 2601! :wink:

I would’ve thought the MT1868LB was strictly used with LS-capable drives from that era, but seems like they were used with non-LS drives as well.

[QUOTE=KTL;2669586]I would’ve thought the MT1868LB was strictly used with LS-capable drives from that era, but seems like they were used with non-LS drives as well.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, its interesting how Lite-on sometimes uses the full-featured chipset and cripples it in the firmware of the lower-end drives.

I’m thankful we have people around like you and 2601 who are not afraid to pick up a screwdriver and find out if our drives are actually hiding a lot more abilities than they were sold with :clap:

Taking apart is easy, putting it back…just hoping there aren’t extra parts lying around. :bigsmile:

Any chance these tables could have C2/Overread/etc. info added (like from daefeatures.co.uk)? They’re missing all the newer drives :frowning:

With enough community support from people who have these drives, it could happen. But I don’t think anyone around here has tested those features up to this point. Why not start a community effort to get that data? Then we can all add to this great font of information.

thank you, i was looking for that

Sorry for the 2nd post, i’m looking for dvd rom drive using chipset mt1332
Any idea ?

[QUOTE=bonx;2671868]Sorry for the 2nd post, i’m looking for dvd rom drive using chipset mt1332
Any idea ?[/QUOTE]

There will likely be no one here who has a recent LiteOn DVD-ROM drive and is curious enough to check the chipset. Maybe the Xbox 360 communities around the Internet have more information.

I think there is also an iHAS122-18 CU.

Please add Teac DV-W524GSC - it’s hardware clone of iHASx24 C - btw, widely available at the moment in Russian computer stores.

Also, DV-W524GS uses MT1879LE chipset, not MT1879E.

Looks like a detuned iHAS124 C.

Yep, already noted down.

The very first W524GS (iHAS124/324 A) was using the MT1879E chipset since the MT1879LE was reserved for drives with LightScribe capabilities. But since the LE chipset can function as both, so the later (last) A-based drives had used them.

[QUOTE=KTL;2685346]The very first W524GS (iHAS124/324 A) was using the MT1879E chipset since the MT1879LE was reserved for drives with LightScribe capabilities. But since the LE chipset can function as both, so the later (last) A-based drives had used them.[/QUOTE]

Wow, thanks for the explanation. My W524GS uses MT-1879LE chipset. :slight_smile:

Maybe it will be good to add W524GS in both cells (MT-1879E and MT-1879LE) with this comment?