Kreed (German Version)

First of all I want to say hello to everyone on this forum, because it’s my first post here.

I recently got my hand on the german version of Kreed published by Activision. I made several attempts to copy this game but nothing worked. I even can’t figure out what protection it uses. I allready tried Protection ID v5.0, Aray-Scanner v1.0, Aray-Scanner v2.0 and ClonyXXL v2.0.1.5, but all programs only say “No/unknown Protection”. Then i tried to make a BWA File to see if it’s SecuROM, but after over 5 hours he only got 0.17 (right 0.17!!!) percent. I also tried to read the DPM structure with Alcohol v1.9.2.1705 but again after many hours only a few percent (i think it was 3% or so) and so i aborted again. Then i tried CloneCD v4.3.2.2 and i finally got my images of the 2 CD’s after about 30mins for CD1 and 2 hours for CD2. I tried to play the game from the mounted images with Deamon Tools to eventually get a hint on what protection it is, but when i launch the game there is no error message or loading screen or something wich indicates what protection it is (the game doesn’t start either). But when i made the image with CloneCD i recognized there are many bad sectors on both CD’s (by the way, the game starts from both CD’s so they must both have the copy protection on them) … on CD1 from 3255-25000 and then from 327504-352000 … on CD2 from sector 3255-25000 and then from 133504-350500. I also attached the CloneCD LOG-Files to this post, maybe it’ll help.

Greetz :smiley:
Peacemaker2000

Hello, I checked this game already and its using some custom protection or uknown :-/ But I added it to A-Ray Scanner that will be released soon. I call it 3PLock. I have not tried to make a backup yet so I can’t help ya. But try RingPROTECH+ protection + turn on Sub-Channel read

Cool, a new protection!

When can we expect the new a-ray version R!Co?

It seems RingPROTECH+ seem to do the trick … it don’t work from the mounted image though, but from my Verbatim CD-RW it works fine … just need to try to burn it to a CD-R.

Peacemaker2000

[edit]
RingPROTECH+ definetly does the trick … i made a perfect working backup on normal (noname) CD-R media … and even with the new patch released the game works fine.

When can we expect the new a-ray version R!Co?

Maybe…

It seems RingPROTECH+ seem to do the trick … it don’t work from the mounted image though, but from my Verbatim CD-RW it works fine … just need to try to burn it to a CD-R.

Greetz
Peacemaker2000

[edit]
RingPROTECH+ definetly does the trick … i made a perfect working backup on normal (noname) CD-R media … and even with the new patch released the game works fine.

Nice :wink:

Have you installed from backup or original cd ? My backup (with A.S.S.) only works, when installed from original.

I installed from backup and it works fine … I even tested the backup on another PC to make sure it works on a PC that never had seen the original CD’s :smiley: … make sure to select RingPROTECH+ profile and read subchannel data while dumping the image … make also sure select RingPROTECH+ profile and to correct subchannel data while writing the image to CD-R and everything should work just fine.

Good to know got the same poblem today, will try RingProtech+ and Subchannel reading thanks a lot :slight_smile:

Tried some other ASS values; compared images with NERO CD Speed and looked for unreadable sectors in ClonyXXL, which ended in best (working)
ASS value: 24 (at least for my LiteOn 24102B).

I hope this doesn’t mean you think of quiting??

You’re doing a great job, please continue!!

But I added it to A-Ray Scanner that will be released soon. I call it 3PLock.

R!Co i have a game with similar protection, i can send you exe file, if you want. The same protection shemes. This protection has already a name: MAGIC GUARD. At least I was told this name is correct.

Yes please send me that exes and all dlls and if possible list of files. rico@aray-software.com.

Well I found out that some unnamed scanner is using my code from A-Ray Scanner v1. This really pissed me. So maybe there won’t be public version again.

Regards R!Co

Well I checked exes from Kosmonaut and Kreed seems to be not using same protection as these exes. So my opinion is that its not MAGIC GUARD

I’ve been playing around with Kreed since Monday and still didn’t manage to make a working copy. Everytime when I think i did it the Cds don’t work although they have the right size (they only work with the original CDs in another drive). It dosen’t work on cheap or expensive CD-Rs it dosen’t work on CD-RWs and f****** strangest of all it dosent work as Image. WHY.

I tried every good advice throughout the internet. … I’m even close to burry a dead cat under an old Oaktree on a Full Moon night - if it just would kill this “Copy Protection”.

PLEASE ISN’T THERE AN ULTIMATIVE SOLUTION ??? :sad:

I told you it doesn’t work as image … but it worked for me on CD-RW (Verbatim 24x) and on normal CD-R (Lifetec 52x). I had no problems after R!Co’s tip and made my backup in about 30mins for both CD’s.

I have a LiteOn 48246S and the newest Alcohol v1.9.2.1705 … i installed Alcohol and left everything as it was, because i’m a complete newbie to Alcohol … i even don’t know what this ASS thing should be Terramex talked about … i just started Alcohol, clicked on “Imageassistent”, choosed my LiteOn 48246S as source, reading speed at maximum, for “Datentyp” i choosed “RingPROTECH+”, activated “Sub-Channel Daten der aktuellen Disk lesen” (so everything is checked except DPM), clicked on next and made my images.

kreed_cd1.mdf          864.276.192 bytes
kreed_cd1.mds              185.650 bytes
kreed_cd2.mdf          860.501.376 bytes
kreed_cd2.mds              955.650 bytes

After that i clicked on “Aufzeichnungsassistent”, choosed my image-files, choosed my LiteOn 48246S as destination, writing speed at maximum, for “Datentyp” i choosed “RingPROTECH+”, activated “Sub-Channel Daten korrigieren” and clicked on start … everthing is working fine for me, and as i said, i tested the backup on a PC that never had seen the original discs before and has no Daemon Tools, no BlindWrite, no CloneCD (no ATIP hide feature), no Alcohol on it, so i think i have a perfect 1:1 copy.

Peacemaker2000

P.S.: I think if you all want to copy the german Kreed version i think you all undestand the german language and it’s ok that i wrote the german names for the different settings.

With e.g. steps of 24 my LiteOn finds more ‘good’ regions but at the same time more errors than A.S.S. of 500. Maybe the attached log is of any help.

kreed.txt (12.2 KB)

Eugh, you feel like saying to the Copy Protectionists ENOUGH WITH THE BAD SECTORS!!! WE GET IT!!!:slight_smile:

Sorry, wasn’t able to edit my last post. Peacemaker2000, my images are running fine with DTools 3.46 (no emulation checked)

@$CyBeRwIz$ … nice doublepost :bigsmile:

@Terramex … now i know what this A.S.S. should mean, it means Advanced Sector Scanning … i checked my settings and my ASS starts after 8 (default value) bad sectors and the jump faktor is 100 (default value). Unfortunately i allready deleted my LOG files, but i definetly know i had not as much reading errors you had and my ASS only started twice during the dumping process … but my images didn’t work with DTools 3.46 (no matter whether emulation was checked or not)