KProbe v1.1.29 link for download

vbimport

Anybody know where i can download KProbe KProbe v1.1.29,looked through google with no results,i have kprobe v2.2.3,just want to see if i get the same results scanning dvd-r which are giving me lots of spikes.

http://liteon.neostrada.pl/kpsetup1.1.29.exe

or from here http://www.speedlabs.org/files/?PHPSESSID=4711052540713a5b8b5e074477271e36 :wink: :wink:

Thanks for the links :slight_smile: ,still getting spikes :frowning: but dont seem to affect the playability. :slight_smile:

1000 apologies if this has been asked before but i just finally lost my 105, and went for a NEC 2500 to replace it but also got a Liteon 166 DVD-rom drive, as my crappy LG rom drive has always had issues with reading burned media and has started to be a pain with retail discs now too.

Can I use Kprobe to verify discs burned with the NEC if i stick the disc into the Liteon rom drive?

I read that Kprobe is specifically for Liteon CD and DVD writers?

You can, but do not trust the results too much.

Welcome to Club CD Freaks, nimbles.
Certainly hope you will get much enjoyment from the wealth of information available in these forums. You know me as BlackDiamondJr from the other forums. I have been a member here for sometime and I’m an habitual lurker. Hope you enjoy these forums as much as I do.

I’ve read that the preferred device for KProbe scans are DVD burners instead of DVD players. It is usually suggested to those that scan with DVD players that they should scan with DVD burners instead as the scan results are more accurate. I don’t know why that is.

Kprobe was designed for Lite-On drives, but I’ve seen Kprobe scans using other DVD brands of late. The one that is most striking is the scan done by Herrie announcing the availability of his 1.07 v2 Dual Layer Bitsetting Beta 5 firmware HERE.

I’ve read that the preferred device for KProbe scans are DVD burners instead of DVD players. It is usually suggested to those that scan with DVD players that they should scan with DVD burners instead as the scan results are more accurate. I don’t know why that is.
One point is that the DVD Rom drives read with CAV, but the standard requires CLV.

Kprobe was designed for Lite-On drives, but I’ve seen Kprobe scans using other DVD brands of late. The one that is most striking is the scan done by Herrie announcing the availability of his 1.07 v2 Dual Layer Bitsetting Beta 5 firmware HERE.
I bet he cheated by scanning on a Liteon drive and then selecting the NEC drive before saving the image :slight_smile: He could not cheat with the nero tools, they show a Liteon drive.