I'm Paolo from Italy and I had the same problem too. Maybe it is not foundamental, but I have a PC very, very similar to yours. I looked around on the forum, but I didn't found the answer, so I tried on my own, and, in a perferct engineer way (!) I tried to walk around the problem!!! Now I am able to use KProbe 2.4.2 simply setting the driver to SPTI (the Windows standards). To make this choise I had to boot my PC in the temporary mood (I hope you could understand because I just translated the quote fron Italian, otherwise, forgive me if I stress too much about, hit the F8 key at the boot) and then I changed the driver from ASPI to SPTI. I hope this can help you.