Kprobe reboots computer on Sart

A few weeks ago I upgraded my motherboard to a MSI Delta-L nforce2 and cannot get Kprobe to run.

All I did was swap motherboards and re-install XP, my drive configuration has stayed the same. I have Adaptec ASPI 4.6 installed as I had before, have burned many DVD’s and CD-R’s with no trouble.

What happens is when I double click to start Kprobe my computer just reboots.
I really would like to run Kprobe as I rely on it allot.

I have searched but can’t find anyone else having nforce2 mobo and Kprobe problems.

If no one has a solution may you suggest an alternative?

TIA

Try using the default Microsoft IDE drivers instead of the Nforce ones.

also, set Windows to blue screen instead of rebooting, you may get a message about a driver crash or something helpful.

I have the same problem here!

Blue screen after starting up the Kprobe tool

I am using the 811, with asus a7n8x deluxe (all with latest firmware and drivers)
Ihave tried the adaptec aspi drivers and windows aspi drivers…, but system still fails…

I just bought a 50 pack DVD’s and really want to check the results

can somebody help me??!

rdgrimes: where can I set windows to show the blue screen instead of rebooting ?

Thanks !

Originally posted by Conductor
[B]rdgrimes: where can I set windows to show the blue screen instead of rebooting ?

Thanks ! [/B]

system properties, advanced tab, startup and recovery.

Ok, deselected automatic reboot.

Thank you ! :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Conductor
[B]Ok, deselected automatic reboot.

Thank you ! :slight_smile: [/B]

did you have any luck fixing the problem with de kprobe problem??

I still have system lock-ups! :frowning: :frowning:

beijert: This is a missunderstanding. I don’t have any problems with kprobe. I was just wondering where I can configure windows xp to not reboot automatically.

Originally posted by beijert
did you have any luck fixing the problem with de kprobe problem??
I still have system lock-ups! :frowning: :frowning:

This is almost certainly an ASPI problem. Using KillASPI to completely remove all traces, then install 4.60, should take care of it.

Originally posted by EagleClaw
[B]A few weeks ago I upgraded my motherboard to a MSI Delta-L nforce2 and cannot get Kprobe to run.

TIA [/B]

I had the same problem after updating my NForce2 driver. The fault really is the NForce2 IDE SW driver, that comes within the latest NForce2 package.
Unfortunately you can’t uninstall the IDE driver itself. You have to uninstall the whole NForce2 driver package and then reinstall it. But this time do not choose to install the IDE driver.

Are you sure you can’t just install a different (Microsoft) IDE driver by selecting the update driver option?

Originally posted by Ssseth
Are you sure you can’t just install a different (Microsoft) IDE driver by selecting the update driver option?

O.K. you’re right. That might be an easier way. :iagree:
But one way or another: Just get rid of that driver if you do not really need it. (I did’t notice any performance differences!)