Hi, I have been reading the forums the last few days and I just learned about kprobe. So I decided to start to test some of my burns to make sure that everything is well. What perplexes me the most is the different results I get between burners. I have the Liteon 811s at home and the 851s at work. When burning using the 811s and testing with kprobe on each drive the disc looks MUCH better on the 851s. For example a Ricoh R01 would give an average PI of 80 on the 811 but on the 851 the max never exceeded say 12.
So last night I loaded the 4.60 ASPI drivers and updated the 811 from HS0k to HS0Q and did another burn. I then used Kprobe to scan the disc. Here is disc written with and read by the 811.