Kprobe 2 charts - help deciphering anyone?

vbimport

I’m going to give it a go at showing the charts from my read

see this thread

I’m not used to deciphering this program so a little assistance would be appreciated.

Unbelievably this is my DVDInfoPro check:

First, general rule on this board is to scan at 4X readspeed…:wink:

Read here to get some hints how to interpret KProbe scans…:cool:

I’m confused because of the Y-axis numbers - mine are sooooo much higher than those I’ve had a look at which was why I need some help with interpretation.

Originally posted by grogeybear
I’m confused because of the Y-axis numbers - mine are sooooo much higher than those I’ve had a look at which was why I need some help with interpretation.

As pinto2 said, please scan at 4x. Scanning at Max will produce higher-than-normal results in the latter half of your scan, which is what we see here.

Okey dokey…thanks.

I’ve always said that while my head still feels like its only 26 my knees and body sure know the truth of being over 40…mind you I’m beginning to think my head is fast catching up with my knees! :confused:

Thanks for the info - I’m gonna do some trials (burning) today and see what happens and how the results of the kprobes are.

So following along from the excellent advice received I took the following steps:

[list=1]
[li]Revised firmware to version HSOK to enable bootsetting.
[/li][li]Applied the fabulous Auto Bitsetting Patcher so I won’t forget to bookset when using a +R
[/li][li]Downloaded updated version of CopyToDVD
[/li][li]Burnt movie already stored on HD (thought having old version this would update and give full version - but alas did not so was restricted to speed of 2.3)
[/li][li]Did a read error check with DVDInfoPro = 100% error free
[/li][li]Did Kprobe2 BLER testat 4x - chart shown below
[/li][li]Used PowerDVD to make sure it played in both drives = 411S@811S - Disc with unsupported format JLMS166 - Auto Run, perfect
[/li][li]Inserted disc into Celestial DVD standalone = just fine!
[/li][li]Inserted in XMS888 Standalone = just fine! :smiley:
[/li][/list=1]

Did I mention that is the 3rd (I repeat 3rd) DVD in a row that has been perfectly usable!!! :rolleyes: :eek: :o :iagree:

And so now if someone would kindly help me with understanding my results I’d be most pleased. The numbers still seem quite high and over the limit? When we are talking about the figures and what a good read should be - are we talking maximum or average?

By my reckoning after re-reading the Kprobe info for the umpteemth time - my PO scores aren’t too bad and are well within the acceptable range - but how come my PI range is soooo high?

The information says that for a good disc you don’t want large areas with a PI over 280 - mine are way way over that and for the entire surface of the disc.

Anywhoose - just doing another scan - which is on USABLE disc number 4! (and in a row I might add) and will see what those results bring.

Well I must say that my scans seem to be on the improve - and the good news is that I’ve now been able to make 7 - seven perfectably usable discs in a row since doing the mods.

I’m starting to get the hang of understanding the Kprobe2 BLER scans - and in the ones I’ve done the PO score is quite acceptable but I’d like to know more about the PI thing - do I really need to delve into this more or just be content with the results and the fact that I haven’t hung a disc on a tree all weekend?

CopyToDVD - on the fly - read by JLMS XJ-HD166S modded with dangerous bros Liteon 166-s Dvdrom Speed/optimize Limit Removed Beta Release.

CopyToDVD - write from HD

RecordNow write from HD

might want to rescan @ 4x instead of max

unsure what happened there but it was definitely scanned at 4x.

Here is another I did today - also got a servo error 030900 when scan reaches 99.9 - this seems to be happening every scan.

Copied to disc from HD with CopyToDVD

[B]unsure what happened there but it was definitely scanned at 4x.

Here is another I did today - also got a servo error 030900 when scan reaches 99.9 - this seems to be happening every scan.

Copied to disc from HD with CopyToDVD [/B]

Make sure that your burning software “finalizes” or “closes” the disc. Not closing the disc will cause a servo error and can cause reading errors in other devices.

Those PO errors at the end look a wee bit problematic… what speed was this disc burned at?

Burnt at 4x speed…previously ripped to hd and copied to disk with copytodvd.

Maybe I should try another software program? Have Nero 6.3.1.6, Sonic Record Now, DVD Decrypter, DVD Shrink (which uses nero), currently installed. Think I could find DVD2One (would be an old version though) in my backups as well as CloneDVD.

This one just finished scanning…well again the servo error and you may be right about the finalizing as now that I think about it - the servos have only been happening since using CopyToDVD so I shall check my settings … thanks for the tip

Have just checked out all the settings within CopyToDVD version 2.4.7.169 and can’t seem to see where I can tell the program to make sure it finalizes the session. Probably something I’m missing.

If anyone can help I’d really appreciate it. I’m off to try nero now so will let you know the results.

I’m off to try nero now so will let you know the results.

Be careful with Nero. I generally use Nero Express, so I don’t remember the full Nero options as well, but Nero Express defaults to no finalization, AND the option to finalize is hidden in the default view… you have to click “more options” in order to see it.

1 KP!!

Originally posted by code65536
1 KP!!

Congrats :smiley:

Originally posted by code65536
1 KP!!

Congradulations on 1000 posts. The world is a better place thanks to your help and support to many… :slight_smile:

Crikey 1000 posts!!

Grogeybear sends you celebratory wishes sealed with a kiss!