KOTOR 2: Securom 7 problem

vbimport

Hey guys, I have a game KOTOR 2, that uses securom 7. I’m not able to find a no-cd and I need a way to bypass Securom 7. Please help

Sorry, but we don’t condone the usage of NoCD Cracks in our forums, so please don’t ask for help with that.

If you want to make a backup of KOTOR2 please have a look here:

Those guides are partially outdated. If you have questions regarding the image creation procedure just ask :wink:

Yes I’m having a problem. What is an optical drive? Is there any video tutorial I could use?

[QUOTE=arsenalforever;2652081]Yes I’m having a problem. What is an optical drive? Is there any video tutorial I could use?[/QUOTE]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optical_disc_drive

[QUOTE=arsenalforever;2652081]Is there any video tutorial I could use?[/QUOTE]Though i don’t really like video tuts i know of this one: http://daemonpro-help.com/en/general_use/work_with_image_files/create.html

But with the addition that under the Device tab you have to choose the [I]New SecuROM[/I] profile,
and set the DPM speed to the lowest speed possible.

Of course you only have to backup the PLAY disc.

You see, I can’t really back up my Play CD because it’s all scratched and damaged. It works when I want to play because the game just wants to make sure that the Play CD is inserted when I’m playing and nothing more than that.

I tried making an image using Alcohol and various other softwares but my attempts have been unsuccessful since the CD is damaged. However, I DO have an image of the play disc (fortunately I made one BEFORE the CD got screwed up) so is there any way I can use THAT image to play the game without having to make a new image?

And also, read the last paragraph under the No-CD Patch section on this web page:

http://www.tweakguides.com/KOTOR2_4.html

It says:

Note that as of the 1.0b patch, you are unlikely to find a KOTOR2 No-CD given the complex protection system it uses (SecuROM 7) which is extremely difficult to crack. You will simply have to play with the game CD in the drive.

So there’s no way to bypass Securom?

When I’m trying to make an image of the Play CD using Alcohol 120%, I’m getting the following message:

Cannot get the right DPM info from the disc with current device

[QUOTE=arsenalforever;2652675]However, I DO have an image of the play disc (fortunately I made one BEFORE the CD got screwed up) so is there any way I can use THAT image to play the game without having to make a new image?[/QUOTE]Which image format ?

If it’s an untouched ISO, rename that ISO to KOTOR2.mdf, and copy the attached mds file to the same directory.
Now mount the mds in a virtual SCSI drive of Alcohol or DAEMON Tools lite.

KOTOR2.zip (22.3 KB)

It is an ISO file of the Play CD without any modifications

EDIT:

Hey when I’m trying to use Alcohol or Daemon Tools to mount the mds file you’ve attached, I’m getting an error message which is saying that it could not be mounted because it is not accessible. What should I do?

Sorry, I had forgotten to rename the iso file. I’ve mounted the mds file successfully. What should I do next? The mds file is not autoplaying even after mounting it to a virtual drive.

Now try to launch the game with a desktop shortcut or via start menu entry.
Or try to manually run the Autorun.exe on the Play CD.

Or is the the content not accessible in Explorer ?

The contents are not accessible using Windows Explorer. I get a “Please insert a disk into drive X” message

Sorry for the late answer.

Looks like my MDS doesn’t fit your game version.
There’s one thing left you can try even though your Play disc is scratched.

Maybe you’ve already heard about so called Mini Images.
When it comes to SecuROM you don’t need a full image of a CD/DVD to successfully pass the SecuROM disc check.
In most cases it’s enough to have only the first 16 sectors in the mdf & good DPM information in the mds file.

Therefore please again create an image of your Play disc with Alcohol - Datatype: Normal CD
When hitting the first scratched/defective area you’ll get this message:

Process was not completed!
Do you want to delete the files?

Choose ‘No’ to keep the by then created image files.

Execute the attached Injector tool and transfer the DPM data of the included BWA file into the MDS of your
incomplete image. Now try your Mini Image in a virtual SCSI drive of Alcohol or DAEMON Tools lite.

Injector and BWA.zip (161 KB)

When I injected the .mds file of the scratched disk, I got a message saying “DPM data is already present” or something.

After injection I got a .ORG file which I renamed to match the name of the .mdf file and I changed the extension from .org to .mds. I mounted this .mds file on a Daemon virtual SCSI drive and I got the following message after click “Play game”:

Please remove disc from current CD/DVD drive and insert the original disc
in another drive J:.

Retry Cancel

Should I try converting the untouched iso I have of kotor 2 to mds format?

Must be some bug in the injector as you haven’t performed a DPM.
Inject the DPM of my BWA into your MDS despite the message you get.

Now don’t use/rename the .org file - it’s your original mds without DPM data.

To prevent that SecuROM message to insert the disk in another drive you have to either cloak your drives with
the tool A.C.I.D. (located in Alcohol install folder), or disable your real optical drive(s) in Device Manager.

I went to the Device Manager and disabled all my real optical drives and now when I mount the .mds file, I get the “Invalid image file” error.

BUMP TOPIC…

If you exactly stick to that…

[QUOTE=Terramex;2653071]…please again create an image of your Play disc with Alcohol - Datatype: Normal CD
When hitting the first scratched/defective area you’ll get this message:

Choose ‘No’ to keep the by then created image files.

Execute the attached Injector tool and transfer the DPM data of the included BWA file into the MDS of your
incomplete image. Now try your Mini Image in a virtual SCSI drive of Alcohol or DAEMON Tools lite.[/QUOTE]…and still get the “Invalid image file” message, i can’t help you any further, sorry :sad:

EDIT:

[QUOTE=arsenalforever;2653134]Should I try converting the untouched iso I have of kotor 2 to mds format?[/QUOTE]Give it a try; mount your ISO with Alcohol and use the SCSI drive as ource to create your mds image, then inject the BWA.

Give it a try; mount your ISO with Alcohol and use the SCSI drive as a source to create your mds image, then inject the BWA.[/QUOTE]

Hey, as soon as I start making the image, Daemon Tools Pro Advanced gives me an error:

5:24:50 PM DPM associated call failed
5:24:50 PM Disc imaging failed

Your mounted ISO doesn’t hold any DPM data, so you don’t need to perform a DPM.
Please use Alcohol as mentioned (Datatype: Normal CD), because i assume you can’t
inject BWA data into an DAEMON Tools MDS file - only into an Alcohol one.

I tried injecting the image I made from Daemon and it says the DPM info is already present?