Konica Minolta, Fujifilm Eastman Kodak establish EVERPLAY standard

I just posted the article Konica Minolta, Fujifilm Eastman Kodak establish EVERPLAY standard.

Konica Minolta, Fujifilm and Eastman Kodak
Establish EVERPLAY Standard- New standard encourages industry
participation to develop compatible products and services for digital photos and…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/11540-Konica-Minolta-Fujifilm-Eastman-Kodak-establish-EVERPLAY-standard.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/11540-Konica-Minolta-Fujifilm-Eastman-Kodak-establish-EVERPLAY-standard.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

What a load of cr@p. I don’t believe i wasted 3 mins of my life reading part of this rubbish, i mean who cares? There is already a standard out there for pictures its called JPEG i mean who wants to waste cash paying for more royalities?

that comment is really ignorant. if it were for you, we wouldnt have usb, bluetooth, etc - standartization rocks!

Did you miss the “royalty-free” part?

Sounds good to me. Yes, we have some standards like JPG and MPG (which was formed by similar groups) but this resolution is forward-thinking, in preparation for future devices and services… think of this as [I]in addition[/I] to what we have today. And it’s royalty-free, unlike the Frauhaufer MP3 and Sony MP4 codecs and Compuserve’s GIF imaging. Interesting that Konica Minolta is onboard with this because they’re getting out of the camera market entirely, according to what they were saying around Christmas: getting out of the digital market now, the film market next year, and focusing on medical imaging and other nonconsumer products. But they do know their s#!t so it’s good to hear they’re going to put their knowledge into continued use even if they want out of that industry. My only concern is in regard to an article we saw here a week or two ago, where the media mavens were trying to squelch or demand review of new technologies. The aim of EVERPLAY is to come up with a standard for new devices to follow – while in the other direction the MPAA wants to criminalize the development of new devices. Funny how that all works out.