Kon-boot dvd/cd problem

vbimport

Hello, I need to get access to my computer so i went to a friend’s house and downloaded kon-boot and burned it to a dvd. The instructions for this on every site i went to said i should be burning it to a cd. When i try to dvd i get not enough physical memory and it’s unable to continue. So my question is that if that problem can be solved using a cd instead of a dvd or if its a computer problem.

What happened that you cannot access your computer anymore?
Perhaps you don’t need kon boot at all.

my mom put a password on MY computer that I payed with my OWN money.

also, should i be burning it or just dragging it into the cd folder.

[QUOTE=achen;2586337]my mom put a password on MY computer that I payed with my OWN money.[/QUOTE]

This is a family matters and you should talk to your mom about it. Doing what your doing just makes matter worse. There is probably a good reason why she did it. So just talk to her how hard can that be???

[QUOTE=achen;2586339]also, should i be burning it or just dragging it into the cd folder.[/QUOTE]
Well, having it actually burned might work better. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2586344]This is a family matters and you should talk to your mom about it. Doing what your doing just makes matter worse. There is probably a good reason why she did it. So just talk to her how hard can that be???[/QUOTE]

I agree with your advice … that said, I’m in a situation where a family member has passed away and we need to get access to the computer files/email to take care of the estate settlement. He left all the u/n & p/w information for accounts & email but not for Windows itself! I’m getting the same “not enough physical memory” issue using Kon-Boot. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

I’ve not tried Kon-Boot but have used UBCD. Here is a how-to http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/reset-your-forgotten-password-the-easy-way-using-the-ultimate-boot-cd-for-windows/

[QUOTE=baddayx;2594179]I agree with your advice … that said, I’m in a situation where a family member has passed away and we need to get access to the computer files/email to take care of the estate settlement. He left all the u/n & p/w information for accounts & email but not for Windows itself! I’m getting the same “not enough physical memory” issue using Kon-Boot. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]