Kodak suck balls

vbimport

Honestly, everyone at this forum thinks kodak are so good and that they last real long. this is such crap, i have used kodak for playstation, both silver and gold also. they get spots in their data layer which could be seen from the gold side (not the label side). it looks like brown tiny spots. the cdrs dont work anymore and in my opinion they suck really bad. they are just the same as any crap pythalo cdr, hmm wait a minute, they are crap pythalo cdrs. Kodak is a rip off. they are more expensive than verbatim and they are nowhere near the same quality. who the hell wants their cdr to last a hundred years anyway. we will die before then and i guarantee you that we will have new drives like DVDRW drives or even something beyond that.

hail the verbatims
:bow: :bow: :bow:

Edit

Well this certainly is your personal, I’d say very personal experience! But of course, this is all a matter of hardware combinations. My experience OTOH has been exactly the opposite of yours: worst, Verbatim Datalife Plus (Azo), Best Kodak Gold Ultima /Old Verbatim Gold (circa 1995-1997).

My experience is based on burning the equivalent of many spindles of Kodak (and earlier, Kodak Manufactured… Verbatims!) over the past 7 years and some Verbatim DatLife Plus for about 6 months to a year. I stopped using the Verbs when they switched to the Mitsubishi disks because they were harder to read and ended up failing at an alarming rate: like I said in another post, I had a batch of 10 out of 20 go bad in less than 4 months with dark spots on the reflective layer, rendering the disks unreadable.

Oh yes: The Kodak or Kodak manufactured disks burnt always beautifully, whether it was burnt on the old Yamaha SCSI 1X (boy was that machine dear, $1,200 if I recall correctly!), the HP 4020, the HP 6020, the HP 7200, the Plextor 8432, the Plextor 1210A and the Lite-ON 40125S!

In my opinion: VERBATIM DATALIFEPLUS, AZO TYPE SUCKS BALLS

No I mean it, they may not be the worst discs (some discs from Lead data, fornet international and old CMC magnetics is worse).

-They work bad with many types of writers. One example is philips and acer).
-They last very short (at least compared to my kodak and prodisc discs).
-Here in Norway they cost more than Kodak so they are exxxxpensive.
-Bad compatibility with many CD-ROM’s (like kenwood)
-Bad compatibility with some audio players. (like sony)

So here you got my reply, answered with the same gun as you.

Can’t understand why you keep bugging the forum with this type of bullshit, you keep repeating the same bullshit over and over again. Yes we know your opinion, no we do not agree with you…but it don’t help repeating it again and again.

Can’t understand why you keep bugging the forum with this type of bullshit, you keep repeating the same bullshit over and over again. Yes we know your opinion, no we do not agree with you…but it don’t help repeating it again and again. [/B]

I had a similar post above, but thought better of it. So I edited it.

I’m glad to see that I wasn’t the only one who felt this way.

He had 16 posts at the time he made that one. 4 or 5 of those were related to Kodak.

Kodak roxxors!
:bow: Kodak :bow:

I cannot understand why all the people are so concerned about the media…

It seems to me that all one really should do is test out which stuff works best for their writer/software combination and then try to use that for as long as possible…

As an aside, I have happily used BOTH Kodak & Mitsubishi/Verbatim media for > 3 yrs without adverse effects - properly written discs made back then still work just fine today…