Kodak Farmazon Dye

vbimport

Hi there,

Wich kodak CD-r have the Formazan Dye is it type 5 or 7,
i read other posts normally it has to be dark green when i checked cdmediaworld they say only about 1 digital science cd-r that it is Type 7 and the bottom is gold so thats not Formazan then ?
Can somebody shed a light on this im trying to find a cd-r that’s 100% formazan dye.

This cd-r version i found on cdmediaworld.com is the one and only with type 7 : Kodak Digital Science CD-R74 PCL

Thanks in advance !

I have a large quantity of unwritten Kodak ds (Digital Science) “Type F” CD-Rs as well as 10 pieces of Kodak Digital Audio CD-R, all of which use gold reflective layers and Kodak’s special Formazan dye. The Kodak Formazan CD-Rs have a GREEN recording side and the ATIP is 97m27s4[B][U]7[/U][/B]f.

Here’s what the discs look like:-

I’ll take some better photos tomorrow if you require them.

Hope that helps! :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=terminalvelocd;2738880]I have a large quantity of unwritten Kodak ds (Digital Science) “Type F” CD-Rs as well as 10 pieces of Kodak Digital Audio CD-R, all of which use gold reflective layers and Kodak’s special Formazan dye. The Kodak Formazan CD-Rs have a GREEN recording side and the ATIP is 97m27s4[B][U]7[/U][/B]f.

Here’s what the discs look like:-

I’ll take some better photos tomorrow if you require them.

Hope that helps! :)[/QUOTE]

Can you tell me if this digital science disc is with Farmazon layer and also dark green bottom with gold top :

I want to know for sure if it also got an dark green bottom like the picture of your audio cd-r. They should be normally type 7 like farmazon…
It’s also made in mexico but i need to know for sure.

Yup, that one is a Formazan CD-R, identical to the ones that I have. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=terminalvelocd;2738884]Yup, that one is a Formazan CD-R, identical to the ones that I have. :)[/QUOTE]

Only strange thing is on cdmediaworld with this disc it says dye color : gold, but if you say it s clearly dark green then its an unreliable site lol

[QUOTE=ProLogic;2738885]Only strange thing is on cdmediaworld with this disc it says dye color : gold, but if you say it s clearly dark green then its an unreliable site lol[/QUOTE]

Don’t rely too much on information from that site as much of it is incorrect.