Knowledge Deviation

vbimport

Your knowledge may come from various sources. Some of those are not as trustworthy as others. Where do you get most of your current knowledge and information from these days? Do you really trust them?

I get my knowledge from lots of places but I no longer believe half of what I see on tv or read in the Murdoch-dominated press in Australia.

A lot from the BBC news, then also use Wikipedia and web searching for stuff. Plus that trusty old institution… books. Things in the library.
Unlike a lot of the web, books still have editors and take their factual content a bit more seriously, although you always have to be aware of personal and cultural bias.
My favourite place to get information (on contentious, political or religious issues) is by talking to lots of people and then making up my own mind once I feel I am informed enough to do so.
I pretty much don’t trust a lot of the media representation of issues.

I watch a lot of documentaries, so that and CDF, plus BBC news and Wikipedia as Ms. Honeydew mentioned. :slight_smile:

Mr B…i get all my useful information straight from the source…YOU! lmao
after that its my friend wiki and google…:wink:

It turns out that God is hoarding all the information in the universe only slightly less than the Encyclopedia Britannica.

From the evidence so far, I propose the hypothesis that garnering knowledge from an Encyclopedia Britannica is on par with getting updated firmware from the Sony Corporation :stuck_out_tongue:

I have my kitchen radio on all day ,hear news every half hour .
My Britannica is 2005.
My Best Refrence is my Microsoft Encarta 2007 only because I am a visual learner and they have the best, pictures ,vidios ,360 degree views ,2D & 3D virtual tours and lots and LOTS of Colour.

I voted for friends, wikipedia and forums. I know I will get a bashing for it, but WHY so many ppl trust TV which is always controlled in modern democracies and when the whole nations are being wiped out based on an assumed posession of a slingshot :a

Hi :slight_smile:
None of the above! :doh: :stuck_out_tongue: :bigsmile:

So are you gonna tell us where you do get your knowledge from? :stuck_out_tongue:

…I can’t believe school’s not an option in the poll. I learned a lot in gym class! :stuck_out_tongue:

School? What’s school?

Ah yeah, i remember. That place i got bullied for several years.

Ahh, sweet memories. I’m gonna kill all my former classmates on the next reunion.

lol I never got bullied. I go to reunions to see what the girls look like after all these years and hope none of them say anything to my wife :doh: :bigsmile:

I get most of my knowledge flyin at me in a blue dream and yes I believe totally.

Osmosis. Seriously.

Lol! Sucked in :stuck_out_tongue: I don’t need to be saturated in it :stuck_out_tongue:

I just need to see it with my eyes, or hear it with my ears, or feel it with my fingers (or any other part), or experience it, and I know it :stuck_out_tongue: