Klingon Cloaking Device Being Developed

vbimport

In popular science fiction, the power of invisibility is readily apparent. Star Trek fans, for example, know that the devious Romulans could make their spaceships suddenly disappear.

But is the idea really so implausible? Not according to new findings by scientists who say they have come up with a way to create cloaking device.

Electronic engineers at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia are researching a device they say could make objects “nearly invisible to an observer.” The contrivance works by preventing light from bouncing off the surface of an object, causing the object to appear so small it all but disappears.

Full Story Can Be Read @ National Geographic

All I have to say is Coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool. Whats next though? Frickin sharks with frickin “lasers” on thier heads?

Yeah that is nice alright. One downside is that this technology is still limited to turn only microscopic parts invisible. But yet it is a start.

“Scotty, engage cloaking device” :slight_smile:

Notice that it is being researched at the Moore School of Engineering at the University of Pennsylvania (Good School, I went there for my MSEE)….Could it be an extension of the Philadelphia Experiment? Did it come out of Roswell, NM? BTW last episode of Star Trek coming up. Well I guess there is always SG1.

Cool!! Then you can cloak your mistress when your GF suddenly walks in. :stuck_out_tongue:

cough he had those in part 3 cough

Beam me up Scotty! I want one of these when they are done!

i need one of those devices for my car , for escape from police when drunk :slight_smile: