KiSS EzLink - do more with your KiSS device and replace PC-Link

vbimport

I just posted the article KiSS EzLink - do more with your KiSS device and replace PC-Link.

KiSS was  the first company that brought us DivX certified DVD players. Their devices where innovative and  brought a wide range of features not seen anywhere else such as a wide array of ...
Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/10461-KiSS-EzLink---do-more-with-your-KiSS-device-and-replace-PC-Link.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/10461-KiSS-EzLink---do-more-with-your-KiSS-device-and-replace-PC-Link.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Great program ! Latest version EzLink NG - offers transcoding too (so you can play by network files your player can’t , like with QPel or WMV or OGM) , and works not only on KiSS players but on many other network enabled players.

I have a Kiss dvd player. Worst player EVER. I hope kiss will go bankrupt. It has lousy firmware and the 1$ power supply has a major design flaw. It has an capacitor which can become defective right after the waranty expires :(. I had to replace it myself. The only thing coming from kiss are empty promises.

if you dont believe me, look at some forums: I got a quate here from someone who has a lot of experience with KISS: Sadly to say I have to agree , after 3 years being part of the community , having DP-500 and DP-558 I came to simular simple conclusion : NO MORE KISS !!! Not only their software (firmware) is problematic but with DP-558 they reached new “highs” : 1. Released unfinished product . 2. Released LOW QUALITY product (amount of RMAs is HUGE) . 3. And now because of huge number of RMAs they cut their loses by changing RMA policy , that so far was only good thing with KiSS . So to hell with KiSS ! the following comment is: “Have to agree with you, guys”

I have a Phillips one that can read DivX, Xvid and other PC formats…it even reads inside folders. Id love to know if there is a site to look for tweaks/hacks/whatever on these players…thnx:d

In this forum you can find a lot of Philips users, they might know!

I find that my modded xbox with xbox media center is still the best divx/xvid/mpeg/mpeg2 player around :d …

agreed xbmc rocks big time. I got the philips DVP642 but it refuses to read many divx, which the xbox will then read no problem. Also seen many .mp4 files (usually aac/xvid) and the pc refuses to play them (WMP plays only video / MPC only plays audio!!!) xbmc also plays these fine. Xbox is probably cheaper than kiss. Will also read all those files from a windows shared folder over a network cable, even reads mpeg from inside bin/cue or iso files. Game playing is a bonus. Go figure

My DVP642/37 reads almost all of the anime I have (and is quite a bit) with no issue, but im not sure what versions does it read.

Guys, no argument on KiSS - it sux, the only good point is video quality - better then any other I saw but only when it plays file properly that hapense extreamly rearly :slight_smile: but EzLink have nothing to do with KiSS , it’s a great program.

Video quality is provided by the hardware. This is something where kiss has no influence on. (except from choosing it, but hey are funded by sigma IRC so they dont really have a choice) :stuck_out_tongue: isnt that your quote i used Lord KiRon?

Hey, anyone alive here? :slight_smile:

I have Kiss DP-558 and can watch .avi files thru EzLink 2006.5.19 installed on a Dell Inspiron 910. Video Reencoding on the fly is enabled (default settings).
I have some .mp4 files on a computer that I want to watch on DP-558, but it is refusing to play. Actually, there is only a sound for like 4 sec. On some files I get an exclamation something like codec missing, or EzLink telling me it can’t play a file.
Is it maybe a netbook, or I’m missing some settings in EzLink?

Any comment will be appreciated.

Roger

[QUOTE=Roger-UG;2690715]Hey, anyone alive here? :slight_smile:

I have Kiss DP-558 and can watch .avi files thru EzLink 2006.5.19 installed on a Dell Inspiron 910. Video Reencoding on the fly is enabled (default settings).
I have some .mp4 files on a computer that I want to watch on DP-558, but it is refusing to play. Actually, there is only a sound for like 4 sec. On some files I get an exclamation something like codec missing, or EzLink telling me it can’t play a file.
Is it maybe a netbook, or I’m missing some settings in EzLink?

Any comment will be appreciated.

Roger[/QUOTE]
We have a record winner!
8 year old bump
If the bump wasn’t benign, this thread would be dead already.

[QUOTE=debro;2691856]We have a record winner!
8 year old bump
If the bump wasn’t benign, this thread would be dead already.[/QUOTE]

So, you must be a doctor, debro? :rolleyes:
Can anybody please help me out with a more comfortable answer please :confused: