Kingston launches its largest capacity SSD, the V310 960GB

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Kingston launches its largest capacity SSD, the V310 960GB[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2014/07/Kingston-SSDNow-V310-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]

This 960GB 7mm SSD features a Phison 3108 controller, 500MB/s read and 440MB/s write and

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/kingston-launches-its-largest-capacity-ssd-the-v310-960gb-72265](http://www.myce.com/news/kingston-launches-its-largest-capacity-ssd-the-v310-960gb-72265)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

It doesn’t seem all that long ago that terabyte hard drives were first out. :eek:

Just shows how quickly SSDs are catching up.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Nice, but now that 5TB and 6TB hard drives are out I don’t see Blu-ray rippers and people with large audio or photo collections flocking to high-priced <1TB SSDs. Strictly for speed freaks. At about $450, this is crazy expensive considering you can get a 1TB HDD for 15% of that cost. Anyone who thinks SSD capacity is catching up to HDD needs to turn off the computer, get out of their mom’s basement, go into the sunshine and meet people.

I remember buying my first 1TB HDD for €300 (June 2007), not far the price a of a 1TB SSD either. Going by that order, I also paid €5 for an SATA cable and €55 for 1GB of DDR1 RAM.

However, I think I’ll wait a while yet for a 1TB SSD. I’ve a 512GB SSD in my laptop and it’s barely 1/4 filled. :slight_smile:

@dukeNukem

They do have 4TB SSD’s available. The price is targeted for enterprise but it does prove that SSD capacity is catching up to HDD capacity pretty quickly.

[QUOTE=FreqNasty_RiseS;2732728]@dukeNukem

They do have 4TB SSD’s available. The price is targeted for enterprise but it does prove that SSD capacity is catching up to HDD capacity pretty quickly.[/QUOTE]

Too much koolaid lately…your missed the point dukeNukem was making…consumers are price savvy not always wanting the latest drive… price to capacity…HDD still rule over SSD…now if you want to buy 4tb SSD for people by all means go for it. I’ll take my 3-4tb HDD that I pay less for and can buy more of. Try buying 6-4tb HDD vs 6-4tb SSD and see which one is taken for a ride more…Those buying large HDD aren’t doing it for speed its for the inexpensive storage capacity…now a SSD for O/S boot that will be different if we talk about that…but I will never use a 4tb SSD for a boot drive…that is a waste of value space/storage…when smaller SSD will be more then sufficient for the boot drive.

Overnight, for no apparent reason, my work server decided to reset the bios to default settings … erasing the raid array settings, and defaulting to ide.
When I arrived this morning, windows had helpfully “fixed” the boot drive. Urgh.

Reinstall of the OS was required, after windows recovery failed to detect the system images on both an internal hdd and the USB drive … clonezilla system image was missing in action.

At least the data drives were intact, although the Intel raid insisted on resynching the second drive

[QUOTE=debro;2732861]Overnight, for no apparent reason, my work server decided to reset the bios to default settings … erasing the raid array settings, and defaulting to ide.
When I arrived this morning, windows had helpfully “fixed” the boot drive. Urgh.

Reinstall of the OS was required, after windows recovery failed to detect the system images on both an internal hdd and the USB drive … clonezilla system image was missing in action.

At least the data drives were intact, although the Intel raid insisted on resynching the second drive[/QUOTE]

huh???