Kingston introduces 1 TB USB flash drive - guess its price

I just posted the article Kingston introduces 1 TB USB flash drive - guess its price.

Kingston has revealed a high capacity USB 3.0 flash drive, the DataTraveler HyperX Predator 3.0. This drive is currently available as a 512 GB drive but Kingston will release a 1 TB version of the drive later this quarter.

Click to read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/kingston-introduces-1-tb-usb-flash-drive-guess-its-price-65634/](http://www.myce.com/news/kingston-introduces-1-tb-usb-flash-drive-guess-its-price-65634/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Price? More than the GDP of some small countries? :eek:

If you have to transport that much data easily then it’s still very very cheap!
Some of us remember when 180k floppies were five bucks each and a 20meg
hard drive was pushing a grand!

Even if the 1TB is double the 512GB price, it’s still more practical than a $3500 diamond ring. :wink:

[QUOTE=Seán;2672067]Even if the 1TB is double the 512GB price, it’s still more practical than a $3500 diamond ring. ;)[/QUOTE]

Somehow I don’t think my wife would believe that! :bigsmile:

That is an astronomical price though. :eek:

[B]Wombler[/B]

Diamond ring will still be here when you’re dead and gone…SSD unfortunately will not be.

[QUOTE=CharmedonWB;2672083]Diamond ring will still be here when you’re dead and gone…[/QUOTE]

I think my wife would probably arrange that if I spent £1100 on a flash drive. :eek::slight_smile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

1TB SSD’s been around for almost a decade… it’s just that the price is mighty steep and has seen some reality set in… from a high of $20k down to about $5-6k… These are toys of the corporate elite, governments and super rich… they buy toys & gadgets on a whole other level than the ordinary schmo making $14 an hour at whatever job they do…

The only thing new about this is it’s a FLASH USB drive (not ssd)… perhaps in 4-6 years this will be affordable… Today be happy wiht 64/128gb usb flash…

Wouldn’t it be cool if you could plug a 1tb flash drive in the first gen usb 1.0 computer and have it work under windows 95…

Do they still come pre-formatted with fat32?

i heard prince Williams is now broke after buying a package deal of them to the royal family for Christmas…

[QUOTE=olddancer;2672038]If you have to transport that much data easily then it’s still very very cheap![/QUOTE]I guess what’s very very cheap is in the eye of the beholder. You could buy a Western Digital My Passport 2TB 2.5" portable hard drive at Newegg.com for $150.00 (or other models I’m sure) and have four times the portable storage for 1/5th the price of that 512 GB flash drive.

I find it ironic that I just had to replace my 1tb hard drive, which has been dying over the last few months. Oh, the universe!