Kingston HyperX 3.0 64GB USB3 Flash drive review – Speed, build quality and great looks

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following review: Kingston HyperX 3.0 64GB USB3 Flash drive review – Speed, build quality and great looks[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2010/11/image001.jpg[/newsimage]
[quote][/quote]
Read the full article here: http://www.myce.com/review/kingston-hyperx-3-0-64gb-usb3-flash-drive-review-speed-build-quality-and-great-looks-72705

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Great review vroom

I have several different sizes of Kingston flash drives and have always felt comfortable with there products.

I never had a single issue with Kingston flash drives (and also with their RAM), I still have flash drive that is more than ten years old, only 2GB but back then it was more than enough for my needs.

Coming back to the HyperX, it’s a very nice drive with very good speed, and here in Greece it’s also very well priced, only ten euro more than it’s its little brother, the HyperX fury, and way to cheaper than the Lexar P10.

Very good value for money.

[QUOTE=vroom;2737038]I never had a single issue with Kingston flash drives (and also with their RAM), I still have flash drive that is more than ten years old, only 2GB but back then it was more than enough for my needs.

Coming back to the HyperX, it’s a very nice drive with very good speed, and here in Greece it’s also very well priced, only ten euro more than it’s its little brother, the HyperX fury, and way to cheaper than the Lexar P10.

Very good value for money.[/QUOTE]
Great review and great product from Kingston, but please do not compare it with the Lexar P10 , I have always loved Kingston products, but they recently did something that put me off to the company itself, with their V300 SSDs… , they sent out SSDs to review sites with one type of controller and nand, and then when it came to shipping the products to vendors changed the controller and nand without a word of this being mentioned, how do I know what I will get when I buy a Kingston product again? This is called bait and switch in the USA and it will take some time before I have faith in a company I once loved and respected.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2737626]Great review and great product from Kingston, but please do not compare it with the Lexar P10 , I have always loved Kingston products, but they recently did something that put me off to the company itself, with their V300 SSDs… , they sent out SSDs to review sites with one type of controller and nand, and then when it came to shipping the products to vendors changed the controller and nand without a word of this being mentioned, how do I know what I will get when I buy a Kingston product again? This is called bait and switch in the USA and it will take some time before I have faith in a company I once loved and respected.[/QUOTE]

I know about the V300, what kingston did wasnt very nice and I hope that they learned from that mistake and we want see same thing happening again.
I would like to believe that they dont want to risk their brand name and reputation again with something like that again.

Kingston only changed the NAND, the controller I think was the same, sandforce if my memory serves me right. PNY had a different NAND and controller :wink:

I know that the P10 is in a league of it’s own with a very few other drives. I put it there only to show the difference in price, and with the price that the HyperX can be found makes it a very good choice.

//off-topic//
So far I have not seen any drive that has the same build quality with the P10, and btw if anyone knows any drive with the same build quality let me now.

Would like to see a review and compare it with the Sandisk Extreme Pro