Kind of an ImgBurn question

vbimport

I am aware that iTunes allows a user to backup their movies onto a physical media like a DVD.

I am wondering, first of all, if the movies may be backed up onto a Blu Ray disc in any way.

Also, in order to save space, I was wondering if it’s possible to put the iTunes movies into a folder, and compress the folder using a program like 7-Zip, and then use something like ImgBurn to write that folder to a media such as a 25GB Verbatim Blu Ray disc.

I am going to try this once I have ~25GB worth of iTunes movie data, but I am just wondering if anyone has done it yet. I would think one could do it that way, and use something like ImgBurn to write a compressed folder to a Blu Ray disc. It would be nice to store more movies onto each disc since the discs aren’t cheap.

Also, in order to save space, I was wondering if it’s possible to put the iTunes movies into a folder, and compress the folder using a program like 7-Zip,

Probably not, as most movie files are already highly compressed.

Oh well, guess I’ll have to buy a second external hard drive for a backup.

I haven’t worked with bluray & I don’t know how ImgBurn works with it.
If it works like a dvd you should be able to load all the files or folders into “Build” mode & burn them to a disc. I don’t see why a zip folder would be necessary.