KILL BILL 2 SPOILER ALERT! What's up with the name of the bride?

vbimport

IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN KILL BILL 2 YET, YOU MAY NOT WANT TO READ THIS, AS THERE ARE SOME SPOILERS HERE!!!

Well… I saw Kill Bill vol. 2 this weekend and I was wondering, what’s up with the name of the bride?

At her wedding rehearsal, she is called Arlene Macchiavelli.
Her codename as an assasin is Black Mamba.
Bill calls here Beatrix Kiddo

A few times during the movies (both vol 1 and 2) her name is “bleeped”. So I wonder… do we know her real name? Or are they all aliases? And why is that name bleeped? Is it just another move of mr Tarantino to make us wonder and get us back to the cinema one more time (or buy the DVD)?

Couldn’t say. Having seen 4 movies of Quentin Tarantino’s, I didn’t like any of them, and suspect that what other people see as genius, is probably closer to dementia and a total inability to link a story together… :stuck_out_tongue:

Although there is a fine line between genius and insanity, i think the tarantino didn’t just cross that line, but pissed all over it.

:Z Quentin Tarantino :Z

Originally posted by debro
[B]Having seen 4 movies of Quentin Tarantino’s, I didn’t like any of them, and suspect that what other people see as genius, is probably closer to dementia and a total inability to link a story together… :stuck_out_tongue:

Although there is a fine line between genius and insanity, i think the tarantino didn’t just cross that line, but pissed all over it.

:Z Quentin Tarantino :Z [/B]

Can someone bann this guy!!! :a :a

Quentin Tarantino rocks!!

I have bought Pulp Fiction years ago and have seen it at least 20 times. Same for Reservoir Dogs … just great.

I think her real name is Beatrix Kiddo. Remember in Vol. 2 when Bill shows up at the church she says to him: “call me Arlene”. So Arlene is the name she took up to hide from Bill. The bleeping of the name was just not to reveal her real name before QT wanted to.

Also her daughter is called B.B. which I think stands for Beatrix Bill or something like that.

Well just my two cents.

PS Kill Bill Vol. 1 & 2 rocked!:bow:

Perhaps symbolism is more important in QT’s eyes and mind , than a name ever will be ?

I can’t remember the real names of the people in Resevoir Dogs as well , but i loved the “Why do i have to be Mister Pink !?” dialogues :slight_smile:

Best discussion in Reservoir Dogs, imho, would be the one about tipping the waitress.

In Pulp Fiction, I like the entire dialogue about how “a quarter pounder with cheese” is called a “Royale” in France.