Kickass Torrents returns from the ashes

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Kickass Torrents returns from the ashes[newsimage]http://www.myce.com/wp-content/images_posts/2016/12/Kickasstorrentslogo-95x75.png[/newsimage]
[quote][/quote]
Read the full article here: http://www.myce.com/news/kickass-torrents-returns-ashes-81091/

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Passing gas and kicking ass, how totally human.

Close enough for rock ‘n’ roll?
They seem to bark up the wrong tree, the once who want to shut down the search engines that is.

I’ve said it time and time again, the private sites thrives and for whatever they close down, there will be an alternative. It really always been like this and it will end as it once begun… By swapping and out of reach.

I have somehow always been part of the illegal scene even though I maintain 2-300 licenses on an uneven basis. These legal licenses however all got in this way, no exception.

You probably know the French closed down what.cd, what were they thinking. They actually removed the largest archive of perfectly ripped music on the face of the planet. Not that it matters, I only kept life to the most esoteric recordings, but yeah… I got 15TB of perfect flacs, got close to 6000 CDs, 3000 Vinyls… half of which would never be here if it were not for Oink and What.

[IRONY] In other words a fantastic achievement. not even one word about the gain, only the damage… Nice one! [/IRONY]

I would, unless someone moderates me, which anyone is entitled to as this is as foggy as it gets, like to emphasize a tad on this.

I am not in any way unique, we’re in the thousands using the illegal sites this way. We do buy, we are simply not taking any ones word for anything… We explore, research, buy, gain knowledge. I would not have the faintest idea, but I reckon it is like this for movies as well.

You know, I take pride in my music collection and in all due respect, it is quite impressive for a private sphere. Still, I am proud of most any release I own as they are good and have earned their way here.

I mentioned they closed down What.CD. Now that was more than one million unique releases, 99.99% perfect flacs ripped from original CDs by true idiots like me. This never was about money, it was all about interest. Now, can we sue them? (unless they secured the archive, we really should. It does not work that way in Norway though as any case have to have a reason apart from ‘gain’, too familiar in the U.S. I guess).

They did manage to set me back by some years with this move, my buyins that is, and I somehow hate to battle for my right to spend money. After all, they are earned the hard way, by labour…

Your average Guybrush Threepwood (mighty pirate) and his gold, right here. Censored censored censored.

Whoa, lets keep it rated PG in here guys!

[OT]
Ah, Guybrush Threepwood. That takes me back. Used to love those Lucasarts games. The entire multi-billion dollar Pirates of the Caribbean movie franchise is just a Secret of Monkey Island rip-off, but without the humour.

Shame the point & click adventure game genre is well and truly extinct.
[/OT]

Back on topic…

Another example of the importance of maintaining a good backup system. So long as you have that, it doesn’t matter if the domain name is confiscated and the servers ceased (probably just renting anyway).

Isn’t the internet wonderful. Extremely fault tolerant by design, but also inherently insecure. The perfect system for defeating censorship.

It never ceases to amaze me they take it down and it comes right back. Torrents are here to stay but yet those Studio and Corrupt (US) government can’t get their heads out of their a55. They are using outdated business model and thinks were in the 18th century still while the rest of us has moved on. Piracy and torrents are here to stay but they are in so much denial that it becomes truth to them.

Quite is kept, I don’t understand why folks still use Torrents in the first place for pirating. It’s not like the old days when I was downloading via modem to my Amiga when the consequences were nill. Now you can get into some serious trouble. Now that the FBI and Windows 10 can bend you over it is not worth it. So do what you need to do but hell, don’t get caught…

[QUOTE=jeffreyp;2785533]Quite is kept, I don’t understand why folks still use Torrents in the first place for pirating. It’s not like the old days when I was downloading via modem to my Amiga when the consequences were nill. Now you can get into some serious trouble. Now that the FBI and Windows 10 can bend you over it is not worth it. So do what you need to do but hell, don’t get caught…[/QUOTE]
Considering the consequences is that the Artist never get paid in these cases would be more of a violation but you never hear about that either. Torrent for anyone whom doesn’t understand it will never understand it and why it is there. Torrents aren’t pirating only there are legitimate torrents out there so doing a narrow tunnel vision will not solve the problem. And we all know Whom these are.

It never ceases to amaze me they take it down and it comes right back. Torrents are here to stay but yet those Studio and Corrupt (US)
government can’t get their heads out of their a55. They are using
outdated business model and thinks were in the 18th century still while
the rest of us has moved on. Piracy and torrents are here to stay but
they are in so much denial that it becomes truth to them. 

Awhile back Heavy metal band Metallica sued “Napster” we all remember and today much of their music along with other kinds of content is still available so much time and money has been wasted with so much continuation of closing sites only for them to appear back online several hours or even days later. The real solution “CHANGE YOUR BUSINESS MODEL” adapt and create a more appealing and reasonably pricing scheme.

[QUOTE=AaronZ26593;2786217]Awhile back Heavy metal band Metallica sued “Napster” we all remember and today much of their music along with other kinds of content is still available so much time and money has been wasted with so much continuation of closing sites only for them to appear back online several hours or even days later. The real solution “CHANGE YOUR BUSINESS MODEL” adapt and create a more appealing and reasonably pricing scheme.[/QUOTE]

And so say all of us.