Kick Ass Deal on a Set Top DVD Player

Well, I was in the market for a new DVD player cause my 4 year old set top doesn’t like DVD R’s. I really like my current Toshiba so I figured I’d get another one. I was looking around and found this. $57 for Toshiba’s top of the line single disc player. MP3s, VCDs, DVD R/Ws, CDR/Ws, JPEG viewer, and some other stuff I’m forgetting.

If you need or want a new player check it out.

:iagree: :eek:

These days, nearly all DVD players include MP3, VCD, CD-R/RW and DVD±R/RW support. :cool: Most manufacturers still try putting these features as large clear text to make their products look like they has these features which its competitors don’t have. It’s like how new TVs advertise it is colour and comes with a remote control, composite-in, cable-ready, teletext support, etc. even though its hard to find a new TV that does not come with these features :stuck_out_tongue:

One feature I would recommend looking out for is built-in 5.1 decoding support for both DTS and Dolby Digital surround sound support (unless you have or plan on getting a digital surround sound system).

DivX and MPEG4 support would be useful if have a CD collection of MPEG4 encoded content or plan on getting a camcorder with MPEG4 support. :wink:

All that is fine and dandy but for 57 bucks I’ll just get this one. I don’t have a surround system now but when I get one it will deffinetly be a digital one. I have no use for MPEG4 or DivX.

I just saw that this one has 6 channel audio out anyways, so it looks like I’m covered :slight_smile: