KHARTOUM help!

vbimport

Okay i am new to this forum and new to the backing up of dvds, and i have successfully backed up most of my dvds except this one. I am using Alchole %120 and Anydvd 5.4.1.1 as well as DVD clone and they all stall on 51.6%.
I am unable to work out why. If someone can help that would be great. thankyou in advanced.

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 5.4.1.1)
Drive (Hardware) Region: 4

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)

Video DVD (or CD) label: KHARTOUM
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: PAL
Media is locked to region(s): 2 4!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Changed firstplay: Jump directly to TitleMenu!
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 4!

Me thinks if it keeps stopping at 51.6% then i suggest you look at the disc to see if it needs a clean or is damaged,or even it is knackered.

I agree with urwise. Is there anyway that you can try to use another drive ? some dvds can read better than others. try other prgrams like dvd shrink or DVDdecrypter. If they also fail and you can’t copy with serveral drives then it is probably a fault on the DVD.
It is not unusual for a DVD player to be able to play a DVD but for the same DVD to fail to copy.

I have been trying both of those programs, and i will try cleaning the media again… thankyou

okay just cleaned the dvd no scratches, no marks nothing and the proccess still fails.
could it be a corrupt file in the mibble of the disk in that area. and if so can it be … skipped?

Have you tried isobuster ? I know very little about this program but it might help

Yes, it could be damaged. Try doing a discscan of the original with CDSpeed to see if there are any unreadable sectors. You can try DVDFabDecrytor (free at dawnload.com), I had luck with that. It skipped the errors on the one dvd that I had that problem with. The result was a decent copy that had 7-8 seconds of pixelization at the problem spot, the rest was fine. Also, DvdDecryptor might work, but set it to automatically ignore errors or you might have to hit ignore a couple hundred times to get by the bad spot. Either way this might take a couple of hours for either software to ignore enough times.
There is also a free software called DVDDisaster that claims to beable to fix these problems, I haven’t tried it yet but if you do, let us know if it works. You can download it here: http://dvdisaster.com/

Ricoman

have just tried dvdisaster. Excellent. Do’t think it willhelp in this case as you have to make an error correction file before a disk goes bad.

Thankyou for your help but i found that if i coppied the disk on my friend pioneer drive instead of my lite-on-1673s it had no problems, could it have been a problem with the drive or the disc been the problem?