Key2Audio

vbimport

Hi there, is there a LiteOn drive which can read the newer audio copy protections? DVD or CDRW? Or any firmware updates that allow this to happen?

chrome ;0)

Not properly. Some Liteons can read the “looser”-version of Key2Audio (the one you find on Kuschel Rock 15 e.g.).

Use Plextor drives to read protected audio cds.

Agree, Key2audi v2= do not work but Key2Audio v3(Celine Dion) do work with some drives.

You’ll need other drives as readers for that…

oc freak i thought the new 40x and 48x liteons could copy all protections

apart from tages and starforce ???

:confused:

did i pay for a burner that cant copy key2audio ? i was told it could copy it

dam im confused now

could you clear up a question for me

what protections can and cant the liteon 40x and 48x copy !!!

tnx…:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I’ve not fully tested the audio copy capabilities yet, but here is for LTR-48125W with VS04 firmware:

CDS100: Westlife: world of our own: :frowning:
CDS200: Natalie Imbruglia: white lilies Island: :frowning:
k2a v2: Shakira: Laundry service: :frowning:
k2a v3: Celine Dion; A new day has come: :frowning:

Note that it’s only reading that’s the problem, writing is no problem.

Originally posted by OC-Freak
[B]I’ve not fully tested the audio copy capabilities yet, but here is for LTR-48125W with VS04 firmware:

CDS100: Westlife: world of our own: :frowning:
CDS200: Natalie Imbruglia: white lilies Island: :frowning:
k2a v2: Shakira: Laundry service: :frowning:
k2a v3: Celine Dion; A new day has come: :frowning:

Note that it’s only reading that’s the problem, writing is no problem. [/B]

what about a liteon 40125W WS03 firmware ?
or a liteon 48125W Vs02 Firmware ?

and im talking about reading from the liteon and writeing from the lite on if you say its possible in writeing it why cant it read it ? ?

also i ordered like you suggested the LTD 163 D dvdrom ? is it possible in reading it ? and burning it with the liteon 40x or 48x

im a newbie when it comoes to hardware capabilitys lol

Is it possible ? tnx…:bow: :bow:

ok, you want the straight answer?

NO Lite-On drives can read protected audio!! DVD, CD-RW, CD-ROM whatsoever.

I could read celine dion with LTR-32123S fw xs0f that is as far as I’ve got!!!

Writing uses another way of talking with the drive that’s why writing works…

Problem is: drive can’t detect disc or reads all sectors as unreadable = do not work.

Originally posted by OC-Freak
[B]ok, you want the straight answer?

NO Lite-On drives can read protected audio!! DVD, CD-RW, CD-ROM whatsoever.

I could read celine dion with LTR-32123S fw xs0f that is as far as I’ve got!!!

Writing uses another way of talking with the drive that’s why writing works…

Problem is: drive can’t detect disc or reads all sectors as unreadable = do not work. [/B]

tnx thats all i wanted to no about :stuck_out_tongue:

just wish i could copy protected audio ?
whats this hide cdrmedia clonecd uses ?
isnt this suppost to let you insert the audio cd into it to be able to copy with useing clonecd thats what i thought it was

hehe eny way thanks for clearing it up :frowning:

How come I could read the Celine Dion cd fine with my lite-on? It’s the 40W flashed to 48W (vs02). I also made an image with clonecd. And yes, it was the protected one. Check this thread: http://forum.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?threadid=47869

Originally posted by Aggressor
How come I could read the Celine Dion cd fine with my lite-on? It’s the 40W flashed to 48W (vs02). I also made an image with clonecd. And yes, it was the protected one. Check this thread: http://forum.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?threadid=47869

now im realy confused hehe :stuck_out_tongue:

i have the 40125W clocked to a 48125W vs02 firmware !

and if you say its true then oc freak needs to clear another few things for me hehe :stuck_out_tongue:

no 1

if a audio cd can be played in cd player ? when why with hide cdr media cant you ?

isnt it suppost to hade the cdr burner from windows so it can be copyed with clonecd ?

after all its based on the book isnt it red or orange book standards ?

no2

people have reported as the post above states that they indeeed copyed protected audio !!!

if this is true wich i think it is after all what would people gain by saying so !!!

hehe this is all confuseing :confused: :confused: :confused:

eny way i will test my burner regardless tommorow and tell you guys if the 48x can indeed copy them…

if enyone else has had sucsess in copying protected audio with there liteons please post need feedback tnx…

:bow: :bow: :bow: :cop: __________ :rolleyes: :bigsmile:

ViRuS2k: Please try the tests. I’m gonna try to borrow the protected cd’s just to do a quick test, and perhaps take a few screenshots. I did try the Celine Dion with the original firmware (WS01), but it never recognized the cd. That’s why it was nice to see that the new firmware were tweaked somewhat :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Guys, please read the sticky thread in the audio forum, then you understand a little more why some people have success and why some don’t have!

Also Virus2k: do a search on hide-cdr (there is even a frontpage article explaining what it does!), it hides atip info, hide-cdr has nothing to do with copying cd’s!

LiteOn is the best for reading/writing all available data protections, Plextor is the best for reading all available audio protections! All writers can write an image of a protected audio cd if it is read by a capable reader!

My LiteOn ltr-40125s (zs0a) does read k2a v3, but can’t read k2a v2 or CDS200. My LiteOn ltd-163 (gh5e) can’t read k2a v2, k2a v3 or CDS200…

Upp3rd0G: I’ve never visited that forum. That’s why I haven’t read it. But it is interesting if the firmware for 48X allows reading of most audio protections!!

How can you recoqnice the different version of key2audio?
I could copy some protected cd’s but i do not know the version of the key2audio protection.

I can recognize different version by inserting the k2a cds in different drives… k2a v2 can’t be read in any of my LiteOn drives, but k2a v3 can be read by my ltr-40125s. Don’t know of any other way to recognize the different versions…

:smiley:

Originally posted by Aggressor

I was able to copy Shakira for my daughter. I have the Liteon 40125S and the 163 DVD-ROM.

Sorry, can’t tell more about it, she’s got the original at her Mom’s. I know it would not play on the computer but I was able to copy it using CloneCD 4.x. I forget what firmware I was using at the time.

More confused, I presume?! :bigsmile: