Key2Audio

vbimport

what is cdroms read Key2Audio. does the LG CD-ROM CRD-8520D READ IT

Key2audio comes in different versions. Different versions can be read by different drives… I can only confirm that Plextor (px-40ts) is able to read all versions of Key2audio.

How about a sticky thread in which we try to find out, which drives are (or are not) capable of ripping protected audio CD’s.

I have thought about that but there are some unknown factors that play a role in this.

The main factors:

[ul]
[li] audio protections come in different versions. Some drives can read one version, but not the other version…
[/li][li] used firmware of the drive
[/li][/ul]

Besides this: I have no means to check what information users supply.

So in my opinion, such a list would result in 1 user claiming his specific drive can read a protected audio cd while another user with the ‘same’ drive and the ‘same’ protections claims it cannot read it…

Anybody some thoughts on this?

I think you’re probably right, but I’d like to see some kind of list which shows the capabilities of the most common drives. For Burners we have the list from elby, so I think something similar should be possible for ripping audio. But you’re right, we won’t be able to do this here.

key2audio-> Blank and JOnes

can be read with:

yamaha2100e
toshiba 1612 dvd
liteon 32123s
pioneer dvdrom 103s (??)

using:

Feurio 1.65 pro
Clonecd 4001
EAC…

sliverx or silverx…you seem to react on every post…but what are you trying to say…??

we are trying to help eachother…not just react for fun