Key2Audio what software/hardware needed?

vbimport

just looking for input on how to backup Key2Audio; from what i have been reading eminem's new cd is going to have this protection on it............the only knowledge i have is in backing-up software that is protected not audio.....if so this will be my first back-up of a protected audio cd!!!!

Perhaps this can help you while waiting for someone else to asnwer your question in more detail:
http://forum.cdfreaks.com/search.php?action=showresults&searchid=96921&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

It is dependant on the hardware you have. If you have the right reader which is able to read the cd, you can burn your copy with every writer. Plextor is the best regarding protected audio cds. Use CloneCD to make an unprotected copy (CloneCD removes the protection) or use EAC or Feurio to rip the tracks.

Good luck!

:smiley:

Hello again Upp3rd0G , correct me if I´m wrong,Clone Cd really do´t remove the protection does it?Infact some cd´s backed-up with Clone is readable in cd´s,writer,dvd´s were the original disc isn´t,but it doesn´t remove the protection does it?Some errors read with clone that unreadable are swaped with errors “made” by the burner that clone is capable of making.Eg clone changing unreadable errors with unreadable errors “made by clone”,but the copy protection is still there(or almost) Perhaps I´ve got it all totally wrong but incase PLEASE correct me,some say it wont do a thing but give it a try!According to that emmeremm record , why not just wait and see?
Aaaahhhh seeeee!Ohyes after a little wonderin´about found this
: http://www.cdfreaks.com/images/forum/fp/That%20Article.txt
I wasn´t that faraway! :confused:

You are right, CloneCD doesn’t really remove the protection, it modifies some illegal entries from the TOC. After this modification the protection doesn’t do its thing anymore, so you could say that CloneCd removes the protection… That article you found: search the frontpage and you will find a long discussion about this article. It is some kind of hoax, written by a competitor from CloneCD. You should not take the info inside the article like it is. (Audio protections are not based on bad/unreadable sectors, it is based on illegal TOC-entries which confuse most of the readers outthere.)

thanks will try it out with clonecd…i have the internal plex 24x…just got to play around with it!!!

http://cd-rw.org/news/archive/2974.cfm

you can find here a small list of capable drives…capable of doing k2a

my opinion , and i ’ ve tested it with a few cactus datashield 200 protected audio cd ’ s , it depends ( in clone cd settings ) if you check or uncheck the box : only read the first session ,

with the box checked , the protection will still be there but the cd is playable and ok ,

Originally posted by wakemonkeypimp
just looking for input on how to backup Key2Audio; from what i have been reading eminem’s new cd is going to have this protection on it…the only knowledge i have is in backing-up software that is protected not audio…if so this will be my first back-up of a protected audio cd!!!

Unless it is
1)Regional
or
2)Only on second pressings

The Eminem Show doesn’t have any copy protection at all. I purchased two of them, one w/out DVD which I copied instantly to see about CP. None. Then I gave that CD to my sister and bought the release w/DVD… sent that straight to my mp3 player. Works great and sounds great… no CP involved at all. I’ve heard other say the same thing, so I’m 99.999999% certain all copies are as such.