KB numbers

vbimport

Hi all,
Perhaps someone knows the 2 KB numbers that Microsoft ported back to Windows 7 from 10 to gather telemetry. I’ve searched for the post with no luck. and I’ve lost my notepad with them in. I have KB 3035583.
Thanks.

[QUOTE=voxsmart;2767283]Hi all,
Perhaps someone knows the 2 KB numbers that Microsoft ported back to Windows 7 from 10 to gather telemetry. I’ve searched for the post with no luck. and I’ve lost my notepad with them in. I have KB 3035583.
Thanks.[/QUOTE]

hmmm only two?

KB3080149 Update for customer experience and diagnostic telemetry
KB3075249 Update that adds telemetry points to consent.exe in Windows 8.1 and Windows 7
KB3083710 Windows 10 Update Client for Windows 7
KB3068708 Update for customer experience and diagnostic telemetry Windows 7 and Windows 8.1
KB3068707 Update for customer experience and diagnostic telemetry Windows 7 [Replaced by KB3068708]
KB3065987 Windows Update Client for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2: July 2015
KB3035583 Update installs get windows 10 app in Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 SP1
KB3022345 Update for customer experience and diagnostic telemetry [Replaced by KB3068708]
KB3021917 Update to Windows 7 SP1 for performance improvements
KB3012973 Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro
KB2990214 Update that enables you to upgrade from Windows 7 to a later version of Windows
KB2977759 Compatibility update for Windows 7 RTM (performs diagnostics on the Windows systems that participate in the Windows Customer Experience Improvement Program.)
KB2976987 Telemetry update for Windows 7
KB2952664 Compatibility update for upgrading Windows 7

There could be more, feel free to add to the list :wink:

Anyway, you can download this script to uninstall the lot for you and save you the hazzle of doing them one by one:

unpack the zip-archive and right-click “Win7TenUpdates.bat” and choose “Run as administrator” from the context menu (a restart will be performed at the end after you press a key)

Do not care if you do not have one of these as the script will only write an error message for each missing update :slight_smile:

Win7TenUpdates.zip (419 Bytes)

Oh, another thing you may want to do is to remove scheduled tasks as well:

schtasks /Change /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\AitAgent" /DISABLE
schtasks /Change /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser" /DISABLE
schtasks /Change /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\ProgramDataUpdater" /DISABLE
schtasks /Change /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Autochk\Proxy" /DISABLE
schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Customer Experience Improvement Program\Consolidator" /DISABLE
schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Customer Experience Improvement Program\KernelCeipTask" /DISABLE
schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Customer Experience Improvement Program\UsbCeip" /DISABLE
schtasks /Change /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\DiskDiagnostic\Microsoft-Windows-DiskDiagnosticDataCollector" /DISABLE
schtasks /Change /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Maintenance\WinSAT" /DISABLE

Paste it in an administrative command line and it should stop giving away at least a little data to Microsoft. Unless you participate in the Customer Experience Program, you do not need the above scheduled tasks anyway…

Again, please, for anyone, feel free to add to the list :flower:

Thanks Xercus, I will run this later, but I remember most of them. I’ll see how many I have already uninstalled. As for Microsoft’s customer experience improvement programme, I would rather wrestle a crocodile!

[QUOTE=voxsmart;2767318]Thanks Xercus, I will run this later, but I remember most of them. I’ll see how many I have already uninstalled. As for Microsoft’s customer experience improvement programme, I would rather wrestle a crocodile![/QUOTE]

As I was waiting for a process to finish, I went to the net to catch up a little on Windows 7 telemetry, and sure enough, I got two more for you

KB3112343 Windows Update Client for Windows 7
KB3090045 Windows Update for reserved devices in Windows 8.1 or Windows 7 SP1
I have added them to the script which you can download here:

You can also do these manually by pasting this to an administrative command prompt if you have already applied the first script

wusa /uninstall /kb:3112343 /quiet /norestart
wusa /uninstall /kb:3090045 /quiet /norestart

Like… You thought you would get away from the claws of M$ telemetry merely by staying with Windows 7 - Nah, this will go on until 2020 for you as well :stuck_out_tongue:

Win7TenUpdates2.zip (430 Bytes)

Thanks again Xercus, I had killed off most of them. I will now remove these two. Yup, we will be doing battle with M$ for the rest of our lives, let alone just Windows 7 until 2020

OK, I only had the first one, KB3090045 was waiting in updates along with a language update for Azerbaijani I really need that in my machine, don’t I?

Thanks for the zip Xercus

It will come in handy for those of us that have several computers

[QUOTE=bean55;2767339]Thanks for the zip Xercus

It will come in handy for those of us that have several computers[/QUOTE]

You are welcome :flower: I do not use Windows 7 regularly any more and so I do not follow up on it apart from a time-to-time check on what’s new, hence the ‘feel free to add to the list’. In other words, there may be even more, but I think the above takes care of most if not all.

Hi Guys, Thanks for all the above information.!
It makes it a lot easier to configure someone`s Windows 7 machine for me.
Cheers. Neil.:iagree: