KaZaA most downloaded software on the internet

vbimport

I just posted the article KaZaA most downloaded software on the internet.

According to CNET.com is KaZaA currently the internet most downloaded
application. The file-sharing software has been downloaded over 230 million
times, beating the previous most…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/5930-KaZaA-most-downloaded-software-on-the-internet.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/5930-KaZaA-most-downloaded-software-on-the-internet.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

depressing…

depressing…

Why is it depressing? Actually I just thought I’d point out that these figures don’t include downloads of Kazaa-Lite, which has no doubt had it’s fair share of downloads to. So therefore it’s doubly beat ICQ…which is a pants program anyway. Oh how we all pity the RIAA…NOT! :d

actually, kazaa-lite wouldnt be a valid count anyway, cus they still need to download kazaa before installing kazaa-lite, so the figures would be double with ppl having to download both just to get lite to work

actually you are totally wrong… you DO NOT have to have regular kazaa first… i dont know where you heard that, but its bullshit… i installed kazaa lite w/o kazaa regular just fine!

and yet i swear my winamp install number was over 250 million…since when did cnet become the entire internet?

Depressing because KaZaA is such lame software maybe? I’ve found WinMX to be the most stable P2P app I’ve tried. KaZaA crashed all the time (even kazaa lite, though it was considerably more stable than the spyware laden original). With KaZaA running, my max uptime was maybe 12 hours. With Kazaa lite, maybe 36 hours. With WinMX, 98SE has stayed up over a week at a time.

I’ve never had the slightest problem with KazaaLite. I always get clean files, and the software seems to run stable as anything else on windows (which is becoming less of a pejorative with every new edition). :S

So assuming eash user downloads 1 song, which they can get sued $150,000 for, that means the record industry has $34,404,496,050,000 of lost “revenues”, that’s over £21bn (that’s english billion)! It’s a boycott if ever i saw one :stuck_out_tongue:

sorry, that’s 150,000 USD, followed by 34,404,496,050,000 USD (you really should fix that bug!)

You can edit your own posts btw.

Go Kazaa! From a selling point of view the best thing on the internet is P2P! and this news just backs up the cause!