Kazaa lite pop ups

hey does anyone else get pop ups when kazaa lite is open? Maybe it’s just a trigger for some other spy program on the computer. I dunno tis not a big deal i guess.

i do…i’m thinking its from the file that it says ‘must be installed’ to connect to kazaa, but im not 100 % sure yet. too lazy to find out, truthfully, what with popupkiller and all now :wink:

First uninstall kazaa(lite or normal)
Then run adaware spyware removal and then install kazaa lite.
No more pop-ups.

That file “that has to be installed” in truly a dummy file. I opened it with an editor and it said a joke about condoms. LOL, It won’t do anything bad.

LOL, jeez, ok. i did the kazaa uninstall, adaware, kazaa lite install, get pop ups occasionally still. i’m going to blame gator, and senator hollings :wink:

If it’s just Audio and Video files your after try WinMX. It’s great.

i thought kazaa lite to care of the popups?

I notice ZERO popups with Kazaa lite, sorry.

Kazza contains spyware programs and if you remove them with Ad-Aware , Kazza stops functioning.

Personaly i prefer using WinMX and Audiogalaxy(it does contain spyware too , but can be removed).

Ok Kazaa lite popups.

Ive seen a couple of those, but I just close them, The dll that is placed on the hard drive is a fake file. Its there to make sure that the program functions correctly, if its not there then the app doenst work right.

There are also 2 buttons that to the right of the toolbar and all the interesting buttons. DO NOt click them. If you loo closely you will see them, they are not labled, I think thats what happened to mine, I clciked them by mistake and the ads are there. Also make sure that you clear out the Temp Internet folders.

hi all

to stop the pop ups in kazaa lite you need to add these files to a file called hosts which you can find this way:

go to C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc. then right click on file called HOSTS (first back up file in case of a stuff up)select open with choose notepad then at end of list add these lines:

127.0.0.1 desktop.kazaa.com
127.0.0.1 www.altnetp2p.com
127.0.0.1 alpha.kazaa.com
127.0.0.1 shop.kazaa.com
127.0.0.1 www.bonzi.com
127.0.0.1 www.brilliantdigital.com
127.0.0.1 www.b3d.com

then save and wella no more pop ups :wink:

ps you can do this with any site you dont want to ever see

Damn, I forgot about the HOSTS file and the supertrick from
k-lite.tk

This will effectively stop the annoying ad banner popups.
And that damn bonzi buddy is such a waste of resources. I worked on someones computer that had that on there computer, it popped up all the damn time. I finalyy killed it off, of course they were pissed that I killed the purple ape.

Damn, I forgot about the HOSTS file and the supertrick from k-lite.tk

ye its an awesome trick hey works like a charm.

I finalyy killed it off, of course they were pissed that I killed the purple ape.

kill that little bastard!!! he is very annoying