KaZaA and Cable don't work together

Well, i just got connected with ATT broadband (excellent speed, BTW, 100-200Kb/sec avg). So, EDonkey2000 is hard to get files with (So many Queue’s, so little Transfers). LimeWire is frickin inreliable, WinMX freezes up for some reason.

Well, KaZaA connects to the network, but when i search, it will search forever or find no results. I’ve tried KaZaA and KaZaA Lite (newest versions). What is the problem here? Goddman pissed off here. Paying for broadband and not a single GB downloaded yet!!!

Have you checked your firewall settings?
I disabled the proxy of my ISP and everything went much better.

Well, i just got connected with ATT broadband (excellent speed, BTW, 100-200Kb/sec avg). So, EDonkey2000 is hard to get files with (So many Queue’s, so little Transfers). LimeWire is frickin inreliable, WinMX freezes up for some reason.

Yeah, you shouldn’t be having so many problems with these software. My friend has the same service as you here in boston, just be sure that you have tried to disable your proxy, firewall, and etc. If that don’t help, try this step below, it solved some problems for my DSL and some friends cable, I think its designed for Win2k/XP,

1. I’m having trouble with my Networking Protocols, can I reinstall TCP/IP?
  1. Go to Start Menu -> RUN
  2. Type “command” click OK
  3. IN the new window that pops up type this “NETSH INTERFACE IP RESET LOG.TXT”
    This should reset your TCP/IP parameters allowing you to connect again

Wait… How do I change the proxy and firewall settings?

What’s your OS? If its WinXP its on the properties menu for your connections, disable it for each one, just as a trial, I wouldnt recommend going long without it on cable unless you know ppl don’t pick on your LAN.

Get and HTTP tunneling software that will allow KAZA to use port 80.
It’s great for places that block KAZA port. the utility is called

socks2http

router?