KaZaA 2.02 available for download - anti, anti ad/spyware

I just posted the article KaZaA 2.02 available for download - anti, anti ad/spyware.

dojob used our newssubmit to tell us that KaZaA 2.02 seems to be out. Altough no information can be found on the KaZaA website, the software prompts users to upgrade.

Our friends from…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/4860-KaZaA-2_02-available-for-download---anti-anti-ad_spyware.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/4860-KaZaA-2_02-available-for-download---anti-anti-ad_spyware.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

If Kazaa does eventually kill off the ad-free versions, it would be interesting to see what Network users would change too. Although WinMX finds many results, sometimes more than Kazaa, most users have their sharing set to a max of 0 incoming connections instead of simply switching off sharing :frowning: I.e. you can queue, but never get a download. Hopefully Gnutella2 applications (in beta stage now) will not implement some silly default upload restrictions, e.g. like that of the old Gnutella. Gnutella 2 is expected to allow global searches instead of just searches from your neighbouring peers. I would prefer either to see the upload limitation to be set based on the Connection speed or current upload bandwidth and just give the user just the simple choice to enable or disable sharing, e.g. for cable user: 20 simultaneous users, 1000mbps upload bandwidth limit default limit for cable, etc.

yeah i agree…winmx has a queing problem which it didn’t have b4 :frowning:

For the convienence Kazaa has provided me (and savings) perhaps having to look at a couple banners isn’t the worst thing in the world. (We aren’t entitled to these free things, we’re stealing, plain and simple.)

i wish they would bring back the kazaa software for linux and a linux version of winmx wouldn’t be a bad idea. for now ill have to stick with soulseek though

I can’t believe anyone using kazaa, winmx, etc. can be stupid enough not to share files! If you don’t share P2P dies and the music industry pukes win. SHARE YOUR FILES! You should also listen to your downloads ASAP and delete the loops and crap so you don’t help those jerks spread bad files. Got it? Good!