Kaspersky discovers a new virus called "Gauss"

The Moscow-based security firm Kaspersky has discovered a new virus called “Gauss” which is designed for stealing financial information, the structure and operation has many similarities to the Flame, a program aimed at vacuuming information from target computers. Flame in turn shared similarities with Stuxnet, a program experts believe was designed to sabotage Iran’s disputed nuclear program.

Read the full story Here

I guess it could be worse. DeGauss would strip away magnetics entirely, yes?

aimed at stealing financial information from its mainly Middle Eastern victims.

Arabic countries?

[QUOTE=Gummigutta;2648379]Arabic countries?[/QUOTE]

I don’t think the Gauss virus is that picky like the Flame was.

Read more on the Gauss virus…

Gauss Cyber Espionage Threat

Both Kaspersky and CrySys have released ‘Gauss’ detection tools, I’m clean[B]!![/B] :cool: Kaspersky checks your system for the
’ Palida Narrow’ font using a javascript.

[B]SJ[/B]

Clean here too at least with the two web based checks.
I didn’t go as far as downloading the Kaspersky removal tool.
Here are the two web page test links :
Kaspersky

crysys

Hey Cholla

The removal tools would only be necessary if your infected, and thanks for posting those links I thought about doing that but figured the article was good to read which has the links. :wink:

[B]SJ[/B]

Hey SJ , I agree on reading the articles . That’s what people should do & I did.
I wasn’t even aware of any of these viruses mentioned. Then again I’m pretty careful to keep my antivirus & antimalware programs updated . If I was exposed they must have worked.
I didn’t like the “BAD” United States & Isreal implications in them though.
Not to say it is not possible but just as easy for me to speculate it is terrorist organizations creating these viruses & making it look like it is whoever they want it to.

[QUOTE=cholla;2648576]Hey SJ , I agree on reading the articles . That’s what people should do & I did.
I wasn’t even aware of any of these viruses mentioned. Then again I’m pretty careful to keep my antivirus & antimalware programs updated . If I was exposed they must have worked.
I didn’t like the “BAD” United States & Isreal implications in them though.
Not to say it is not possible but just as easy for me to speculate it is terrorist organizations creating these viruses & making it look like it is whoever they want it to.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I hear you on the bad implications and speculation, that is caused by nothing more then rumors. :rolleyes:

Most people get infected by the lack of security, opening attachments in email and most of all their surfing habits, I can’t remember the last time I’ve been infected and thats going back all the way to 1997. :cool:

[B]SJ[/B]