Kaspersky & access to : -

Hi :slight_smile:
This is a new one for me.
Kaspersky 7 has forbidden access to this thread
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f105/samsung-burn-quality-hall-fame-224784/
I can’t see why or how to change this. :doh:
This is the only thread on the forum (so far) that has this problem.
Any clues/info?
TIA :bigsmile:

You know that I use Kapersky 7 Internet Security Suite and I have no problem accessing that thread or anyother.:disagree:

I believe zebad uses Vi$ta Alan.

Yes I am using Vista Ultimate 64 bit.
Using V1.0 layout, although V2.0 doesn’t make any difference either.
So far seems to be just the one thread!
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f105/samsung-burn-quality-hall-fame-224784/

Although at the bottom of pages it looks like this.

However I also noticed (just). Can be selective with some avatars. :bigsmile:

Alan’s avvy not showing happens to me too, along with a few others’. Not using Kaspersky here, but it looks like it’s taken exception to one of the CDF ads.

I think that there is something amiss with the site.
If I click on alan1476 to have a look at his profile, that’s forbidden too.
It is not just IE 7 either.
Opera & FF are just the same.
It is really odd that it still appears to be just that one thread.
The avatars & other stuff are irritating of course.

Others can see it.

[quote=zebadee;1920743]Hi :slight_smile:
The avatars & other stuff are irritating of course.[/quote]
I have Kapersky and I can access my profile and my avatar shows just fine, let see who cannot see it. Any takers to let us know?

[quote=zebadee;1920743]Hi :slight_smile:
The avatars & other stuff are irritating of course.
[/quote]
Can you see all others profiles?

[QUOTE=alan1476;1920745]I have Kapersky and I can access my profile and my avatar shows just fine, let see who cannot see it. Any takers to let us know?[/QUOTE]

You are not using using Vista.
I am not the only one having some problems, with some types of avatars &/or attachments.

Just spoke with Womble in Austrailia and he see all just fine and so does others, I think your settings are fecked if you ask me.

[QUOTE=alan1476;1920752]Just spoke with Womble in Austrailia and he see all just fine and so does others, I think your settings are fecked if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

Interesting as Kaspersky seem to think it is at CDF’s end.
Though they haven’t been specific. Just that my settings are at default & shouldn’t raise any issues of this nature.
There’s also Arachne’s post.

[QUOTE=Arachne;1920741]Alan’s avvy not showing happens to me too, along with a few others’. Not using Kaspersky here, but it looks like it’s taken exception to one of the CDF ads.[/QUOTE]
So I think it unlikely that everything is 100%.

I don’t have any of these problems but i’m using XP Pro and CA Antivirus/Firewall,FF, v 1.0 CDF’s.

[QUOTE=zebadee;1920753]
There’s also Arachne’s post.

So I think it unlikely that everything is 100%.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I’ve already reported the avvy thing. :slight_smile:

Edit: Re: some pages not loading at all. I’m wondering if Kaspersky doesn’t like (one of) the ads - if the ads load before the page does, then I would guess nothing would load, as you’re seeing.

[QUOTE=zebadee;1920749]Hi :slight_smile:
You are not using using Vista.
I am not the only one having some problems, with some types of avatars &/or attachments.[/QUOTE]

I tried viewing these pages my end using both this PC as well as a PC I have handy running Windows Vista and both have no issue showing these pages, Alan’s Avatar and his profile.

One possibility may be that there is some other filter blocking these pages, for example, if you are getting this and are on a company network, a company content filter could be mistakingly treating these pages or images as containing something dodgy. For example, at one of my previous jobs, I tried downloading a disk defragmentation tool and got an error message saying that access to this has been denied, claiming it was an MP3!

Thats is a possibliltiy seeing that Arachne and Zebadee are both in proximity of each other.:iagree:

Your avvy is now showing for me, Alan. :slight_smile:

And me and Zeb living in the same city means not much unless we’re both using the same ISP.

[QUOTE=Seán;1920769]I tried viewing these pages my end using both this PC as well as a PC I have handy running Windows Vista and both have no issue showing these pages, Alan’s Avatar and his profile.

One possibility may be that there is some other filter blocking these pages, for example, if you are getting this and are on a company network, a company content filter could be mistakingly treating these pages or images as containing something dodgy. For example, at one of my previous jobs, I tried downloading a disk defragmentation tool and got an error message saying that access to this has been denied, claiming it was an MP3![/QUOTE]

Well despite feedback from Kaspersky.
I have just uninstalled reinstalled Kaspersky 7 IS.
Believe it or not everything appears OK… For now. :iagree::bigsmile:
I did at the same time as the initial install run a program from Raxco. PerfectDisc RX.
This utility may have done something to the setting.
I shall try running it again later to see if this is the case.
As for the company network bit, that doesn’t apply to me. I shouldn’t think that is the case for Arachne either.
Thanks to all for their input.
It is looking like something my end after all. :o
Just don’t quite understand why it was so selective. :confused:
One thread & a handful of avatars at most. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Arachne;1920785]Your avvy is now showing for me, Alan. :slight_smile:

And me and Zeb living in the same city means not much unless we’re both using the same ISP.[/QUOTE]

I don’t believe we are.
I have the Magic Roundabout server.

[QUOTE=zebadee;1920793]Hi :slight_smile:
I don’t believe we are.
I have the Magic Roundabout server.
[/QUOTE]

Uh-huh. :stuck_out_tongue: