K3b freezes when accessing SH-D162D

Hi There!

At first: sorry for my english…

when i’m trying to start k3b under linux, my complete system freezes. Under Windows there are no problems.
When i plugged off the device, there are no problems. Also, when i use a diffrent dvd-rom drive.

But also strange, when i use my sh-d162d in my old pc, there are no problems…

My new computer has the following mainboard: msi P35 Neo2-FR/FIR with Marvel 88SE6121 Chipset for the ide drives.

Does anyone know this problem and maybe there is a solution?

Greetz,

bitspyer

Welcome bitspyer,

Sounds like you have a software issue, might wanna try another subforum.

[QUOTE=bitspyer;2073504]Hi There!

At first: sorry for my english…

when i’m trying to start k3b under linux, my complete system freezes. Under Windows there are no problems.
When i plugged off the device, there are no problems. Also, when i use a diffrent dvd-rom drive.

But also strange, when i use my sh-d162d in my old pc, there are no problems…

My new computer has the following mainboard: msi P35 Neo2-FR/FIR with Marvel 88SE6121 Chipset for the ide drives.

Does anyone know this problem and maybe there is a solution?

Greetz,

bitspyer[/QUOTE]

Hi bitspyer,
which linux distribution do you use? I had a similar problems with older versions of Mandriva and k3b. Do you have the actual version of K3B?

try to install gnomebaker/nautilus and see if it crashes, or the nerolinux trial.
k3b sometimes gets a bit fancy with doing things; gnomebaker and nautilus are much simpler in terms of features. if you have wine installed, imgburn works very well, but make sure to install the frogaspi dll in your ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32 folder as wnaspi32.dll

if none of the above programs work, it’s likely your kernel has a problem with the marvell controller.