K-Probe and ND-2500A problem

vbimport

I can’t do the quality test with my ND-2500A and K-Probe 1.1.29.

I have tried Windows XP Pro SP1 and Windows XP 64-bit. Nothing works.

Not tested on my primary OS (Win2003 Ent. 64-bit), cause I don’t wanna mess it up. :o)

Can somebody help me with this?

KProbe is only meant to work with LiteOn burners, not NEC, Plextor,… (and, well, it also works with LiteOn DVD readers, but then the scans are meaningless)

Here is the point :wink:

So why is everyone doing quality tests with this??? Everyone has LiteOn??? Hmm?? Look the review of ND-2500A here on cdfreaks.com. There is qulity test with KProbe too on this drive.

Read other posts and articles, before telling something for sure. :wink:

Umm, the Kprobe tests done in all recent reviews of DVD Burners have been done using the Lite-On LDW-411S.

Read the review properly…

To quote from the NEC ND-2500A review…

“So we recommend using a DVD-Writer from Lite-On, in this test we use a Lite-On LDW-411S DVD-Writer,…”

They tested the media burnt by the NEC ND-2500A in the Lite-On LDW-411S.

It’s a Lite-On only utility.

Everyone is doing Quality tests with this, because it’s basically the best way out there, to determine the write quality of a burner on a particular burn. It’s not perfect, but it does give a very good idea on how good each burner can burn to different media at different speeds.

If you don’t have a Lite-On DVD burner, then your out of luck.

You can use a DVD reader or Combo drive, but the results arn’t comparible to a DVD burner. Again, Quote from the NEC ND-2500A review…

“as already said; remember that scans done with a Lite-On DVD-ROM or Lite-On combo drive can’t be compared with the results obtained with a Lite-On DVD-Writer.”

Based on my tests, DVD-ROM/Combo drives can’t be relied on to give anywhere near accurate results, and are worthless/meaningless.

Your other options for DVD testing are:
DVDInfoPro error tests
Nero CD/DVD Speed tests

Just in case anyone gets the urge to read:
KProbe thread
Interpreting PI/PO errors

Originally posted by wesociety
Your other options for DVD testing are:
DVDInfoPro error tests
Nero CD/DVD Speed tests

Indeed, although they don’t really show much info. KProbe scans show the readibility etc of a written disc (bad discs may still be readable, be it at slower speeds and such), while the other two programs only can tell us about the reading speed and if there are fatal errors or not. These scans don’t tell us that much (although they are the best alternative…).

@hypo20: drewwling at your system… WOW!

@Dee-ehn
Thanx. Spent a lot of money. I was collecting money for 4 months for this sweetie. :bigsmile:

@all others
sorry for all…i’m probably blind. :cool:

Damn, is there actually any noticeable improvement past 2GB ram lol? Wow…

Yes.

Actually I have whole OS installed on 6GB large protected RAM disk. That means, that even I shut down computer, the data in RAM are still there.

The system is DAMN fast, when running in RAM.

This is probably off topic, but how do you create such a protected Ram disk

Actually I have whole OS installed on 6GB large protected RAM disk.

Never heard of that. But I guess it’s somewhat similar to Cisco routers loading up an IOS into RAM and running it from there…

I’m using tool from Stratus Technologies, which is used in their Stratus ftServers.

Originally posted by hypo20
I’m using tool from Stratus Technologies, which is used in their Stratus ftServers.

This is what I call a POWER system! Woot!:bow: