JVC XV-S502SL and 811s

hello,

i own these dvd player(JVC) and writer(Lite-On). could anyone give me a 100% details as to what media brand and code are you using for a perfect compatibility? right now i’ve tried maxell dvd-r but to no avail, it doesn’t play in my standalone.

PLEASE post your personal experience esp if you own the JVC XV-S502SL dvd player like mine. this will help me a lot to save cost of trying different media.

thanks.

Hiya, I have the JVC 502SL and I found that any Rietek branded media is excellent. However, always write at 1x as this player does not like anything faster, even on top quality media.

I’ve got a JVC 502SL and a 451.

I’ve used both Memorex & Maxell DVD+R\W, burned at 4x without a hitch.

Haven’t tried DVD-R\W yet.

blackmoor2000,

are you using +R or the +RW or both of them? please let me know so i can get those type of media. by the way, where do always get your media? thanks.

baonontoast,

i tried the fujifilm, maxell and the disc that came out with my 811s retail but still doesn’t work. i’ll check the ritek brand as well. thanks.

blackmoor2000,

do you know the media code of your memorex +R by any chance?

Originally posted by blackmoor2000
[B]I’ve got a JVC 502SL and a 451.

I’ve used both Memorex & Maxell DVD+R\W, burned at 4x without a hitch.

Haven’t tried DVD-R\W yet. [/B]

i bought a Memorex +R at futureshop a while ago and tested it to my JVC XV-S502SL and it WORKED! even my previous back-up using Maxell -R were all working fine!!! :bow:

now i will return the other dvd player i bought from them the other day coz i was really planning to sell my 502sl since it doesn’t read any media but now everything isworking fine.

thank you so much!!! i will just get more blank dvd.

what about the Maxell +R is everything ok? what brand are you using for +RW?