JVC Premum Grade DVD+R 16x

This evening I opened a spindle of JVC Premum Grade DVD+R 16x media that I recently bought and I wrote the first disc with TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224BB SB01at 4x. The two drives that I usually use to test disc quality (iHAS124 B AL0R and iHAS122 C XL0A) don’t exactly agree on the results. I would expect similar results from the two drives with good media. Given the extra cost and effort needed to obtain these media, I am expecting the best quality. What do you think?

I think you shouldn’t write at 4X. This media shouldn’t be written at speeds less than 6X or 8X for the best results.

From my experience, mostly with Verbatim media, 4x produces more or less similar results as 8x with good quality discs and better results with not that good quality discs. From the same spindle of JVC Premum Grade DVD+R 16x media I wrote the second disc with TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224BB SB01at 8x, but the results from the two drives still look different. Should I try 12x?

Have you scanned both discs with the same drive?

What do you mean? Both discs were scanned with both drives.

Gotcha. I misinterpreted. :wink:

I’m not really surprised that the drives disagree. The results still aren’t bad on the 4x burn, and both drives agree that things got better with the 8x burn.

And a third disc written at 12x. Still the two drives don’t agree on the results.