Jvc mini dv transfer to pc

Have a JVC GR-D350u and trying to download to my pc. I’m using a IEEE 1394 cable and port. Computer says it’s working and enabled. But the computer doesn’t seem to recognize that there is any camcorder hooked up. I have reattached and turned on and off camcorder hundred times. It is turned to play–nothing. What else am I doing wrong?

You need to use a capture software, it should have come with the camcorder.

The JVC help people have been very vague and unhelpful but they did state that

“JVC only offers support for the JVC software supplied with some of our
> > cameras for transferring still images through a serial port, or a USB
> > connection. There is no JVC software or drivers that will allow you to
> > transfer video to you computer nor does JVC advertise that there is when
> > you
> > are using Fire wire.”

is that true? now what?

They must be getting cheap mine came with the software. You can use nero 7 or later, windvd creator 2 or later to capture your dv to edit. Even the windows movie maker should work.

I’ve tried windows movie maker. When I plug camcorder into the IEEE the computer doesn’t even show camera exists. Is there something I’m not doing to get the thing to be recognized. I’ve tried both computers. jvc again no help. they told me to send it in for service.

Do you have windows vista? A friend of mine had the same problem only with vista. The solution was to change a setting in the registry. There is a microsoft article about it:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927827
Have a look at it, before sending it back!
I hope this helps…

I’m guessing that it is a problem with your IEE1394 drivers. I have two IEE1394 ports on my vista machine. One on a video card, and one on the motherboard. My motherboard IEE1394 easily recognizes my camera. The video card one does not. WHen I looked, there were two different drivers. Some cameras are picky about which Firewire drivers they talk with…

If you search google, with specifics, including your make and model of camera, and look up and see what your firewire driver is, you may find your answer…

There are lots of variables…

Using XP not Vista and a video card.
not having any luck googling make model of camera for compatible drivers. Someone please just tell me what and where to get what I need before i throw it away. I think it has to do with the camera make because the other computer doesn’t recognize it either. Is their a setting or format I have to change?

Plug the cable into the pc first then the camcorder then turn the camcorder to play. Should get a “found new hardware” pop-up. If not go to the control panel and open add new hardware, scanners and cameras.

That’s the fun part. I can plug and replug-turn on and off hundreds of times and I never even get the standard new hardware detected message. The computer doesn’t even know it’s there!!!

Then go to the control panel to install it.
Do you have the lcd open on the camcorder? It needs to be open for xp to see it. And is the video playing in the camcorder lcd?

it doesn’t list my camcorder and i don’t have disk and jvc swears i don’t need anything it should just work haha

lcd is open and playing. nothing

Can you try the camcorder on another computer? It could be your firewire cable.

[QUOTE=kslow;2209431]That’s the fun part. I can plug and replug-turn on and off hundreds of times and I never even get the standard new hardware detected message. The computer doesn’t even know it’s there!!![/QUOTE]

On my Camcorder there is a recording mode and a playback mode. Are you sure that you are switching the camcorder to playback mode?

yes is in playback mode

[QUOTE=kslow;2208540]Have a JVC GR-D350u and trying to download to my pc. I’m using a IEEE 1394 cable and port. Computer says it’s working and enabled. But the computer doesn’t seem to recognize that there is any camcorder hooked up. I have reattached and turned on and off camcorder hundred times. It is turned to play–nothing. What else am I doing wrong?[/QUOTE]
then how to IEEE 1394 cable and port can be used in win 7. I like that you say, even if you are already a long thread but all the people who use Win7 to edit will be difficult. please help me solve this problem…

Need more info on your process and your software/hardware. I’ve never had any problems capturing video off my Panasonic camcorder on XP machines, Vista machines, WinME machines, or Windows 7 machines. Even 64 bit machines worked fine. I’m transferring via firewire, but it should work fine with USB. There are specific procedures which need to be followed. IE: Camera set to proper mode (and turned off), don’t start your capture software. It should be automatically detected when you turn on the camera. Then you select the software you want to capture with, and press play on your camera…