JVC branded media in UK

Difficult to find JVC branded DVD media in UK nowadays, and got a spindle for research - quite expensicve comparing to normal Verbs.

It is quite interesting as many people here mentioned, JVC media are now manufactured in China:Z

AD7200A burnt @8X, the scan is not too bad, nice QC job though. :eek:

Now, the question is, as I do not know what dye WFI uses, how long the data will last? Or only time can tell?

Really nice scan. I have some JVC Music CDRs (also made by Wealth Fair Investment), but I haven’t tested them yet. :slight_smile:

Got 'em in Morrison’s when they were on special. 2 x 10-packs.

As for their longevity, no idea sadly.

Made In China [B]WTFKA[/B] can look this good ? :confused: :bigsmile:

It’s hard to find JVC in the states, too, and I really wanted to try some of their Malaysian MJC.

[QUOTE=SlayeRBoxeR;2012173]
Now, the question is, as I do not know what dye WFI uses, how long the data will last? Or only time can tell?[/QUOTE]

I don’t know, but WFI along with Umedisc, Jilin Qingda, Micron, Eastage and some other manufacturer is now owned by Anwell, so they are all using Anwell machinery and probably also their dye. And media made by WFI surprisingly seems to be pretty good.

[QUOTE=pepst;2012562]I don’t know, but WFI along with Umedisc, Jilin Qingda, Micron, Eastage and some other manufacturer is now owned by Anwell, so they are all using Anwell machinery and probably also their dye. And media made by WFI surprisingly seems to be pretty good.[/QUOTE]

Ah, i see. Thanks for providing those info.

[QUOTE=negritude;2012515]It’s hard to find JVC in the states, too, and I really wanted to try some of their Malaysian MJC.[/QUOTE]

Haha, found a spindle in UK, also not cheap.

Burnt OK. However, the hub serial code is : AWMGM9BD-A-L1-051120-20:48.Seems like it is manufactured in 2005.

Unlike the Benq Daxon code, who made them?

[QUOTE=SlayeRBoxeR;2014197]
Unlike the Benq Daxon code, who made them?[/QUOTE]

MJC Pte LTD from Singapore

“MJC (Singapore) Pte Ltd was established in 1993 to manufacture Data Storage Media Products. Through the years, we have expanded aggressively and increased our production facilities in countries like Malaysia, Indonesia and Singapore. Currently, MJC manufactures and supplies a wide range of Data Storage Media Products such as Audio Cassette Tapes, Floppy Diskettes, Video Cassette Tapes, CD-R and DVD-R.”