Just when i thought my 411s was working ok

ok well when i first bought this drive it would not work at all, it would only burn cdr thats is, i put fs07 on and then the discs diod start writing, and have just updated to the newer fs0b and the discs write the same, well some of them.

suddently with the same discs it had no trouble writing before nero has started giving my illegal disc erro like half way through writing the disc.

and also i tried one in my dvd player earlier and well it was basicly disgusting.

the film kept stopping every 10 secs or so and then starting a sec l8er, it kept skipping and the picture quality going very fuzzy.

and these are the same discs that write perfectly on my pioneer 105 drive, and with that drive my discs play 100% right though no probs with the same discs as i say so its not the discs.
(which are Ritek GO4 btw)

i dunno wot to do its pointless having this drive in this state, who wants to buy a drive that u have to wait a few months before they have a decentish firmware, this is just disgusting from lite-on.

Well you could flash back and burn the batch of discs you have, then upgrade when you buy new ones. Now remeber that DVD-writing is still “new”, when CD-R burners were new there were also quite alot of strange things happening. In time write compability/quality will reach the levels that the CDR business has reached.
I agree though that it is not acceptable that upgrades cause problems, but shit happens…

Your not alone man…

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78665

It just hates the G04’s i think :frowning:

It’s entirely possible that the batch of discs in use has varying quality. You would not be the first person driven insane by such media.

Well read my thread, this can’t be the case…

Besides that these a proper ‘ritek’ labelled G04s… supposedly the ‘best’ as far as dye and quality control go. If this burner can’t make it with these, then really, i don’t wanna know about it…

Originally posted by jah`Mai
[B]Well read my thread, this can’t be the case…

Besides that these a proper ‘ritek’ labelled G04s… supposedly the ‘best’ as far as dye and quality control go. If this burner can’t make it with these, then really, i don’t wanna know about it… [/B]

Not “the best” media by many other people’s posted problems. But that’s not really the point. All media varies. It’s the simplest explanation and the most likely. We have posted quite a few media types that are known to work well with the drive, I would suggest using them and saving the current Ritek stuff for later.
I would also point out that we have yet to see a single error scan posted on these “problem discs”, or a scan on the ones that work either. So we really have no idea if it’s the media or what.

Originally posted by rdgrimes
Not “the best” media by many other people’s posted problems. But that’s not really the point. All media varies. It’s the simplest explanation and the most likely. We have posted quite a few media types that are known to work well with the drive, I would suggest using them and saving the current Ritek stuff for later.
I would also point out that we have yet to see a single error scan posted on these “problem discs”, or a scan on the ones that work either. So we really have no idea if it’s the media or what.

Bingo, we don’t know. But in this case (if you read my thread) the ritek media burns fine in my writer and plays on the PC. It won’t play in the stand alone.

However my friends pioneer can burn on this ritek media, and it plays in my stand alone (same movie, same software etc).

My burner writes to other types of non ritek media, and they work in my stand alone.

So the media works on my stand alone. The media works on the burner (all data discs work flawlessly too).

Its just somewhere between writing on ritek with the 411s and playing on the stand alone which has a problem. Bizzarre…

Im just counting on the fact that a firmware will fix this…

eh, im returning my 411s that i bought yesterday. The Pioneer 106D is cheaper and it doesn’t have the media problems the lite-on does. I dont know how long it will take to get that fixed if its even fixable. So for 130 bucks I got the 106D, and will get some Ritek media and everything will be good. When Lite-on figures out what their doing, ill switch back next year or so. I have a Lite-On cdrw right now and I love it, but man when you waste $3.00 DVD’s that wont play, I can’t keep testing this shit.:frowning: :a

Its just somewhere between writing on ritek with the 411s and playing on the stand alone which has a problem. Bizzarre

It’s not bizarre at all. These are normal compatability issues. Using a different media will most likely solve the issue.

This may be true. The concept of using cheaper media to solve a compatability issue doesn’t sit well with me though. If liteon don’t produce a solution, i’ll keep my 30 Ritek’s and buy a new drive that will write on more media.

ok well for:

1. i shouldn’t have to buy 2 types of media, 1 for my pioneer and 1 for my lite-on i just want ritek go4 to work on both.

2. its not a bad batch of discs, my pioneer writes them perfectly.

so now the quaestion is why can the pioneer drive write these perfectly, and the lite-on cant?

the lite-on drive does have the media codes for the ritek g04 discs so are we now doomed because the drive wont write to them properly?

this drive is a shambels.

Yep… I did a sector comparison of a DVD written with the pioneer and a DVD written with the liteon. They are identical.

I used K’s probe to check the lead in of each disc. Identical.

I have NO idea what the issue is here. But then again I don’t really have expertise in optical drives so this is to be expected :slight_smile:

just looked on OC.UK site where i got my lite-on 411s from and there now selling the pioneer 106 for £1 more than the lite-on 411s, makes u wnana cry now that youve bought this lite-on drive dont it :frowning:

DVD_KREATOR & jah`Mai

It’s would seem that you guys are not here to find solutions, but only to complain. Neither of you have ever posted any evidence (scans), or really asked for assistance with these problems. You’ve both been told, many times, that you can likely solve your player compatability issues with different media. But if you refuse to do this, can we assume that this is resolved?
Return your drives, get Pioneers, and go live happily every after. But there is no purpose to your continually posting here just to complain.

The forums are here to help people find solutions.

I beg your bardon? I’ve posted a massive thread, which i’ve pasted 2 or 3 times in amongst other threads looking for answers.

Inside that thread i’ve posted all my testing methods with firmware, software, dvd hardware tested on and the different media i’ve used, so don’t tell me I am only here to complain.

With respect the only thing you’ve done to contribute is say media is flakey and to try new media, when I already specified in my original thread other media does work and I was trying to find another solution., mainly by notifying everyone else that seems to have the same problems, so we can work together to find a solution.

I don’t think this discussion that we have had constitutes as complaining. Perhaps categoric dissapointment would be a better comment.

what do u want me to do rdgrimes jump for joy because so many people are dissapointed with this drive and are having problems.

do u want me to thank lite-on or recommend the drive to people because am having problems

the media i use id the most compatible and most popular (ritek go4) and if this drive cant handle this media there is a bit problem, not only for me but for lite-on because u cant sell products these days that dont work with other popular products, its just not a good mixture to base your companies products on.

So I guess we’re just here for complaining then, as I thought.
Your comments have been made over and over again, once is enough.

once is enuff? how many times have i seen you says its a media problem?

nearly every article you reply to, so shut up, this forum is for the people, and not everyone sees everyones messages so am just giving my opinion / problems to different topics people have made.

if you cant deal with the fact that its not a media problem then thats your opinion, in my opinion its not a media issue as pioneer writes the same discs perfect everytime.

thanks

Maybe the problem is just that we compare with Pioneer which are on the market for years now (yes, years).

Liteon is a kind of a noob in DVD writing so what? Maybe Liteon’s or just good and Pionner’s excellent ?

Just guessing… I bought a 411s. I’m happy with it. I know now which media to buy and since I never did buy cheap media I don’t see the problem.

so am just giving my opinion

@DVD_KREATOR
Which you have done over and over again. This is a warning to let it drop. And check your PM.