Just upgraded to dvdfab5, dvds dont burn now

vbimport

Hey guys, I just updated to dvdfab5 and now I keep burning bad dvds. I tried burning weeds season 3 and welcome home roscoe jenkins and when I try to play them one dvd player says error and will then eject some of them, the other says data disc. I do not know if I have some kind of settings wrong or what, but I am going to try it in dvdfab4 and see if it makes a difference. If anyone knows how to fix this I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advace!

Check in Common Settings->Write. As I recall, sometimes the settings were not carried forward from v4 to v5. You are probably trying to burn at “Recommended” speed which is always too fast for most drives and media; double check the booktype setting also. If all this is OK, post a burn log to give us more info.

Hi again, the booktype and record settings are the same in dvdfab4 and dvdfab5. I was copying to dvd-r media. When I switched to dvd+r it now seems to have copied correctly. The thing that is confusing me is that when I used dvd-r media in dvdfab4 I never had a problem burning on this type of media. Any ideas? Thanks for the help!

What brand of media are you using ? Have you changed brands?

Yes, I was using Sony DVD-R, which as i mentioned before, never gave me a problem. I usually used Sony dvd+r, but I found that I had a small 25 pk. of these and decided to use them up. Today, in an attempt just to see if it would make a difference I used Dynex DVD+R media. So far, all of the weeds season 3 series has burned without a problem using this new media. But why would using dvd-r be a problem now if it was working with dvdfab4?

One item to take a look at:
Be certain you have selected [B]SAO[/B] and not [B]packet writing[/B]
[B]Common Settings > DVD > Write > Write Type…SAO[/B]
Occasionally, packet writing is problematic when burning to -R media, but most ppl. do not have a problem.
There’s no downside to selecting SAO…:wink:

Sony isn’t one of the best brands of media because they don’t make their own as they farm it out to the cheapest manufacture, If I was you I wouldn’t use anything except TY’s or Verbatim as they are two proven brands and will last much longer than other brands, As Mr. SJ would say just my two cents worth

[QUOTE=Jimbo;2085011]Sony isn’t one of the best brands of media because they don’t make their own as they farm it out to the cheapest manufacture, If I was you I wouldn’t use anything except TY’s or Verbatim as they are two proven brands and will last much longer than other brands, As Mr. SJ would say just my two cents worth[/QUOTE]

Ouch burnin ears :wink:

:slight_smile: they should burn as LTNS :slight_smile: