Just Registered - 1 Year?

vbimport

I’m kinda confused. I just purchased DVDFab and if I’m reading the email correctly, the key I was sent is only good for one year. Is that true? Do I have to buy it all over again next year?

No. It will run forever, but you will only be able to get updates and factory support for a year. At the end of the year you can renew for another year at a fraction of the cost of the first purchase.

its all explained here, on the buy now page. even the renewal prices. :slight_smile:
http://www.dvdfab.net/order.htm

[QUOTE=signals;2124001]No. It will run forever, but you will only be able to get updates and factory support for a year. At the end of the year you can renew for another year at a fraction of the cost of the first purchase.[/QUOTE]

so what happens to the customer bought after the lifetime offer expired & who then tries to install an update after one year+.

I can predict an issue wher the update fails, becasue licence has expired, but the old version has been overwritten/removed by the install attempt, and the customer did not think to keep their previous installer and can’t now re-download it because it is no longer on the website.

have the authors considered this & e.g. forced the auto-update feature to disable itself once the licence has expired ?

I have no idea precisely how this will work or what has been considered beyond what Fengtao has said here in the forum, that expired installations will continue to work. You can probably avoid most of the problems you mention by 1)saving the installer EXEs 2)not trying to update an expired license or obviously 3) buying the renewal. There is no auto-update feature, just an update notifier which is defeatable.

[QUOTE=signals;2124479]I have no idea precisely how this will work or what has been considered beyond what Fengtao has said here in the forum, that expired installations will continue to work. You can probably avoid most of the problems you mention by 1)saving the installer EXEs 2)not trying to update an expired license or obviously 3) buying the renewal. There is no auto-update feature, just an update notifier which is defeatable.[/QUOTE]

I’m ok because I bought before the deadline forfree lifetime upgrades.

Just curious as to how it will work for others next spring, when the 1 year thing kicks in - we already see many requests here for earlier versions of the installer so many users don’t think to save that.