Just ordered a pioneer a07 have some questions

vbimport

I was wondering what media should I get for this burner. This is my first dvd writer so I don’t know what to use. I want it to be playable on my panasonic a115, apex 1130 and sony s360 players. I read that TY is great but what others? Speed is not an issue just compatability with my players, 4x or 8x media doesn’t matter to me. Any one else have these players? What do you use for media? I read on dvdrhelp.com that RICOHJPNR01 4x+r’s, branded as memorex & others, work. Thanks for you help.

If you have some time, read this thread first.

Overall compatibility of Pioneer DVR-A07/107 with DVD recordable media seems very good but I don’t know how they will work with your standalone players.

Originally posted by jfig
I was wondering what media should I get for this burner. This is my first dvd writer so I don’t know what to use. I want it to be playable on my panasonic a115, apex 1130 and sony s360 players. I read that TY is great but what others? Speed is not an issue just compatability with my players, 4x or 8x media doesn’t matter to me. Any one else have these players? What do you use for media? I read on dvdrhelp.com that RICOHJPNR01 4x+r’s, branded as memorex & others, work. Thanks for you help.

The smartest thing to do is buy small numbers of each media type untill you know what will play in each of your players. You may very well find that what plays in one will not play in another.

Thanks for the reply guys. From what it looks like I’ll have to buy small amounts of different media to test. What are the best places to get dvd blanks online, I’m in the usa by the way.

Originally posted by jfig
Thanks for the reply guys. From what it looks like I’ll have to buy small amounts of different media to test. What are the best places to get dvd blanks online, I’m in the usa by the way.

Many of the online sellers offer sample packs, spindles with several brands of media. Start with a few Ricoh DVD+R and a few Ritek DVD-R, those are the most common.